Multiple networks

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by veryhuge, Dec 19, 2005.

1. veryhuge

veryhuge

I have my house setup and working fine with 54 units. I have just setup next door (after not being able to get the bridge to work) using a serial port interface (36 units)

After telling toolkit to rescan my network from dscratch and make a new project, it now allows me to add another network (with my last project, it simply crashes) but now every group name is "Group XX" instead of the real name. How can i import names back into the project or do i need to do it all again manually.

I have just learnt i guess a few things.
    1. The network devices don't store group names.
    2. when setting up a second network, get the bridge working first or else you constyantly turn on/off each others groups with the same numbers

any suggestions ? If only the project files were editable manually i could write a program to edit them from the 'doc' csv created.

see ya

veryhuge, Dec 19, 2005
  2. veryhuge

Richo

How about we fix this problem and then you don;t have to go through any pain with group names. :)

Can you send a copy of the project and details on how to make it crash to Tech Support ( [email protected] ) and ask them to forward the file to Duncan.

Richo, Dec 19, 2005
  3. veryhuge

veryhuge

I had a quick look at the clipsal directory and cannot find the repository.

I feel stupid but can you tell me the default location for project files ?

thanks.

veryhuge, Dec 19, 2005
  4. veryhuge

Duncan

C:\Clipsal\C-Gate2\tag

Duncan, Dec 19, 2005
  5. veryhuge

veryhuge

this has been sent. Thanks for your time.

Regards
    Kevin

veryhuge, Dec 19, 2005
Ask a Question