Multiple Networks/Applications

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by ALesserKnownCharacter, Feb 21, 2006.

1. ALesserKnownCharacter

ALesserKnownCharacter

I have recently taken on a reasonable size C-Bus project that I have programmed and am now ready to connect to the smaller network previously on-site.

I have just now realised that I have forgotten to create my groups etc. in a different application so as to prevent cross-communications between the two networks. Is there anyway to change the application used in the new network easily without modifying the xml etc.

ALesserKnownCharacter, Feb 21, 2006
  2. ALesserKnownCharacter

Richo

unfortunately not

Richo, Feb 22, 2006
  3. ALesserKnownCharacter

Newman

An alternative would be to turn off the "Send to Adjacent" feature of the bridges so that messages on the same application on either side of the bridge do not interfere with each other.

Newman, Feb 22, 2006
  4. ALesserKnownCharacter

ALesserKnownCharacter

I was thinking that, but won't that prevent me from switching groups on the other network when I do want to?

ALesserKnownCharacter, Feb 22, 2006
  5. ALesserKnownCharacter

Newman

If you are using a C-Touch or similar to control groups across the bridge then you can explicitly route the messages across the bridge. This is set up in PICED.

If you've only got a few things that you want to share across bridges then you could put those units on a different application address and then specify that application in the bridge. Then only messages on that specific application will get passed across.

Newman, Feb 22, 2006
  6. ALesserKnownCharacter

ALesserKnownCharacter

Thanks for your help richo and newman I should be able to work it out now

ALesserKnownCharacter, Feb 22, 2006
Ask a Question