Multiple MRA amps in 1 zone

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by Newbie, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Newbie

I have a matrix switch that has 1 MRA amp connected to zone 1 (master lounge), problem is that there are 3 sets of speakers connected to this amp.
    What I would like to do is install 2 new MRA amps onto this zone so that each pair of speakers has its own amp.

How would I go about doing this?
    Is it possible to have 3 MRA amps all working simultaneously on 1 zone? so that when controlling the volume and source of zone 1 from the CTC all three MRA amps adjust volume, source etc at the same time. Essentialy all three MRA amps will be working as 1?:confused:

Newbie, Nov 13, 2010
  2. Newbie

Newman

You do this by daisy-chaining the digital audio for that zone from one amp to the next. You need the bigger amps though (560125's), as the little one (560110R) does not have the necessary digital audio out connector. If you want to connect the little amps to a single zone then you need to buy the 5600TEE, which splits a single digital audio signal into two. The other caveat is that you can't use the digital audio cable run to provide any power to the down-stream amps. The extra amps need their own power supply.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2010
    Newman, Nov 13, 2010
  3. Newbie

Great

Great stuff, I will use the bigger amps (560125's) and they will have their own power supplies.
    How will I program these amps all to ramp volumes all up and down together?
    I have never used MRA before so please excuse the daft questions:p

Newbie, Nov 13, 2010
  4. Newbie

Newman

On the Audio Levels tab in Toolkit you configure one amp as the master and all the others in the same zone as slaves.

Newman, Nov 13, 2010
  5. Newbie

Thanks

Thanks for all the help Newman, appreciate it.

Newbie, Nov 15, 2010
Ask a Question