Multiple GAs using a 5031PE

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Jesmond, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Jesmond

Jesmond

Hi Guys,

I have a 5031PE and want it to control 4 GAs which happen to be on the same relay. Can someone please advise how I can achieve this? The install has a B&W touch screen as well.

Jesmond, Aug 21, 2007
  2. Jesmond

znelbok

If you want them all to do the same thing all the time, you can just give them all the same name (in the relay). They will act as one channel.

If you want them to have separate names to maintain individual control, then you could try triggering a scene. Do a search on trigger control for more info.

Mick

znelbok, Aug 21, 2007
  3. Jesmond

Mr Mark

You could also use the "OR" function on the logic tab of the relay...

Mr Mark, Aug 21, 2007
  4. Jesmond

Jesmond

Thanks Mick & Mark for your replies.

I have triggered scenes before with no problem so I can give that a go, but I am very curious on the relay logic. I have tried it on 2 previous jobs and could never get my head around it so it would not work correctly, heaps of weird things kept on happening with the loads. If I was to approach this job with logic I would do as per the jpgs I have attached, is this correct ? If not can you please advise ?

Really appreciate assistance here !!!

Attached Files:

Jesmond, Aug 22, 2007
  5. Jesmond

znelbok

Thats how I would set it up using logic.

You are right, the logic can be a little confusing sometimes. I don't use it often enough to worry about sitting down and determining the idiosyncrasies of it all.

Mick

znelbok, Aug 22, 2007
  6. Jesmond

paulw11

Consider an enable group

Hi,

You might want to consider using an enable group on the sensor too. That way you could have an override switch somewhere in case you wanted to turn the loads off even though it was dark.

Paul

paulw11, Aug 22, 2007
Ask a Question