Multi-zone control using Programmable Thermostat

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by alexdski, May 17, 2011.

1. alexdski

alexdski

I have 4 E5031TS temperature sensors that control 4 heating valves and a pump using logic on a PAC. It's a very basic on/off hydronic system with one pump for all 4 zones, so the logic just switches the pump on if any zone is activated, and ensures the pump off if all the zones are off.

Can the E5031TS sensors work with a 4 zone programmable thermostat, do they send the temperature or just a binary?

I've now got a 5070THPPGWE (no relays) but I don't have a spare 12 channel relay to put the pump and valves on the same relay unit.

Is it possible to use the thermostat to control the 4 zone valves on a 4 channel relay and still let the PAC control the pump based on the state of the valve relays? :confused:

alexdski, May 17, 2011
  2. alexdski

Newman

The E5031TS doesn't work with the thermostats; you need the newer version of the temperature sensors for that, the E5031RDTSL. Having said that, you might be able to use your PAC to get the temperatures out of the temperature sensors that you have and re-broadcast the temperatures in a format that the Thermostat can understand.

Not really sure what you mean here. You're already controlling all your pump circuits now, so is the issue that you're controlling them on a relay unit that is also controlling lighting loads on the lighting application, and you can't move the Relay unit to the HVAC application?

Newman, May 18, 2011
Ask a Question