Multi zone audio is c-bus the go!!!

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by Hoss, May 30, 2006.

1. Hoss

Hoss

Hi,

We are about to complete our house cabling and have of "course installed c-bus" but cannot decide on what audio distribution system to use. Nuvo, Crestron Xantec, A-Bus!!!! Our budet is a consideration but we would be happy to install all necessary cabling and not fully 'fit out" the house if dollars blow out. My question is what are the limitations of Clipsal audio dist. system and is it the best one to use with c-bus foe ease of use and implementation. Can any one HELP ME!!!:confused:

Hoss, May 30, 2006
  2. Hoss

PSC

I think you will find $$$ wise the C-Bus Multi-Room Audio system stacks up quite well.

The advantage (in my opinion) the C-Bus system has over the others (besides $$$) is the de-cluttering of the walls, no extra keypads etc. If you have a touch screen you can program it to control the MRA.

It allows you to do some tricky stuff like turn the MRA on in MBR as an alarm at 6am and ramp the volume up to a set level over a 10 min period.

What I am saying is that with use of C-Bus logic you have a far more powerful / intelligent system than all the others combined.

PSC, May 30, 2006
  3. Hoss

Hoss

Thanks Peter, I would like to use c-bus to keep it fully intergrated, but is this IR issue such an issue!!! Or does it only relate to using RG6 and switching AV?

Hoss, May 30, 2006
  4. Hoss

RatDeSewer

Hi Guys,

The MRA system actually supports 3 different IR operation modes.

1. Desktop amplifiers have a local IR, triggered by the supplied remote control unit. This basically controls the amp with limited control of source equipment via the dynamic buttons, which can trigger C-Bus and NIRT based IR messages.

2. The matrix switcher has a NIRT interface built in - it will issue IR in response to C-Bus messages.

3. Reticulated IR - the amp matrix switcher combination has a high bandwidth channel that when used with a suitable IR pickup will channel the third party IR command back through the NIRT IR LEDs. Minimal signal processing is done here - garbage in, garbage out basically. All 8 zones are logically or'd back at the matrix switcher and or'd again with the NIRT output - this means you may get message collisions and failed transmissions.

As for the best system to install - depends on what your requirements are, but the MRA system is integrated into C-Bus and as such should present fewer installation/control issues.

RDS

RatDeSewer, May 31, 2006
  5. Hoss

*JD*

Other Options

Hello Hoss,

The C-Bus MRA System is great if you are intergating C-Bus for home control. But if your audio requirements are stand alone or if your only after 6 or 4 zones (rooms) the NUVO systems will be a better option for the budget.

The C-bus Audio Matrix Switcher is about $2000 RRP plus a $500 RRP amp unit for each zone (Keypads extra if no room on existing C-bus switches)

The NUVO 4 zone unit is $1870 RRP and the 6 zone is $3500 RRP
    (Both come with all the keypads and Amps intergrated)

Obviously both brands have there own speakers. Clipsal's are a little cheaper.

To CIS, just lookin out for Hass.:eek:

*JD*

*JD*, May 31, 2006
  6. Hoss

Hoss

Have investigatedquite thoroughly and will install the c-bus multi zone system. Have a few outstanding issues but all in all looks a well integrated system.

thank you

Hoss, Jun 3, 2006
Ask a Question