Multi Sesnor & Scene Triggers

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Beerygaz, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Beerygaz

Beerygaz

I've got a problem (mostly casued by lack of understanding) that has me going in circles.

I have a 5753PEIRL sensor that I'd like to use for some simple tasks. The most important is turning on some lights when there's movement at night and then shutting them off after a period of time. I know this is the defaul behaviour, so I'm on a good wicket.

However, I'd like the sensor to turn on more than one light, say 10 of them. That means I need a scene - but I see I can't assign my sensor to the "Trigger Control" application any more and get the Night Move virtual key to trigger my scene that way.

My thought was to create two scenes, one for "on" and one for "off" in my PAC, set the scene triggers in the PAC to a group and then get the sensor to turn that group on/off based on movement & timer.

I there a more elegant approach that I'm missing?

-- All the best for 2011!

Beerygaz, Jan 4, 2011
  2. Beerygaz

Newman

What you've described is the right way to do it. It looks like there might be an issue in Toolkit there regarding the Application rules.

In the mean time, since the Scene is being stored in a PAC you can configure one Scene to be set when a Lighting Group Address is set to 100% and the other Scene to be set when the Lighting Group is set to 0%. This way you can just leave the Multisensor on the Lighting Application.

Newman, Jan 4, 2011
  3. Beerygaz

jon.godfrey

This is really useful for me, thanks. I don't have a PAC but can I do the same thing with a Wiser?

jon.godfrey, Jan 10, 2011
  4. Beerygaz

Newman

Yep, same applies to a Wiser/C-Touch... in fact it applies to all devices that can store Scenes and are programmed by PICED.

Newman, Jan 10, 2011
  5. Beerygaz

jon.godfrey

Brilliant, many thanks. I'll have a play. This also answers another question I had. I am running some quite complex scenes using the DMX interface controlling Red, Green and Blue and Dim LED's (for 4 components for each set). I have three DMX controllers so that's all 12 C-bus DMX channels. I also have white LED's on another group.

I have a DLT pre-programmed with various combinations but I am max-ing out the scene capacity of the DLT and don't really want to split them across multiple DLT's.

This way I can assign a group to the complex scene in Wiser and switch from the "mood" DLT. Also using the 100 and 0 technique would mean I can use one DLT channel to switch a scene on and off, if I've got this right.

If I've got this right this is a great solution. :D I will have to get my head on to this and give it a try.

Thanks again, chaps that's a great help.

Cheers

Jon

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2011
    jon.godfrey, Jan 11, 2011
  6. Beerygaz

jon.godfrey

this worked first time, many thanks!

I have to say the more I get in to the functions and capabilities of the Wiser the more impressed I am.

Thanks again. :)

Jon

jon.godfrey, Jan 12, 2011
Ask a Question