Multi sensors & PIR's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous42, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Famous42

Famous42

I was wondering if it is possible to over-ride/disable a multi sensor or PIR from a LCP or single toggle switch?
    Currently I have programmed all the offices at work to turn on when someone enters and turn off 30min after they have left the room. Each office has 1 PIR and 1 single toggle switch. I have done the same logic with all the main meeting rooms which have multi sensors and LCP's.
    What I want to do is disable the motion sensors so the lights can be left off for a set time. eg (To watch a powerpoint in a meeting). At the minute I can dim the lights and turn them off but as soon as you move they switch back on.

Any feedback would help.

Cheers.

Famous42, Jun 15, 2011
  2. Famous42

Newman

There are a variety of ways that this can be done. The easiest way is probably to assign the group address for the light in that room to the Sensor Enable/Disable group of the PIR and select the radio button for Enables. To disable the sensor you would just press the button on the wall switch to turn off the light. To re-enable the PIR you press the button again, which will also turn on the light.

In this configuration any C-Bus command sent to the group address for that room will also affect the enabled/disabled state of the PIR, so this needs to be kept in mind if the office lights are being controlled from anywhere else such as a BMS.

There are other ways of doing this, but the above is the simplest.

Newman, Jun 21, 2011
Ask a Question