Multi-sensor used as night light

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robbo, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Robbo

Robbo

I have a house where I am trying to use a multi sensor to switch on a hallway and bathroom light at 50% between 11pm and 6am. At all other times the hallway lights are to switch on at 100% when the light level is below the set level.
    The site is running schedule plus on a PC, so I was thinking using logic may be a better way. Any help with the logic would be good.

Robbo, Jul 16, 2007
  2. Robbo

Duncan

I've seen some other sites running Lighting Logic on a Windows PC.. it always worries me.. lights not turning on in the middle of the night because Windows had a brain fart.. again.. For something as safety oriented as lighting, isnt it worth buying a PAC for some peace of mind?

Duncan, Jul 16, 2007
  3. Robbo

Darpa

It would be fantastic if Microsoft would release Windows XP Embedded Studio to a wider audience for situations like this. Not every situation needs full-blown windows to run. Especially when all the extra services and bloatware in Windows cause it to have a "Brain Fart".

I've been running a copy of Windows XP Pro "Lite" that some genius on the net put on BitTorrent. Just deleted the pirated key the hacker put into it and put in my own legitimate one. This "Lite" copy is stripped down as much as possible, down to the absolute bare essentials, and you just enable what you need on top of that. I have my firewall running on top of it, and it hasnt gone south even once in the last 18 months, (I use windows as I'm not very profficient in Linux).

Shame I had to resort to something from BitTorrent to achieve this, rather than having Microsoft release something to the more technically proficient public.

Darpa, Jul 16, 2007
Ask a Question