Multi-sensor help

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by perkij, May 22, 2005.

1. perkij

perkij

When I go to the "C-Bus status" tab of any of the Multi-sensors on my network I get the message "Unit not found at this address on the network". Functionality does not otherwise seem to be a affected, I can change and update any other information with it saving to the sensor but I cannot view its status. External and corner mount sensors all come up fine. Any thoughts ?

Also, when using a remote control and a multi sensor can you control lights using the "dimmer" function. When I assign the dimmer function to a virtual key I get erratic results, sometimes the lights come on full, sometimes they turn off but mostly nothing happens. I can set scenes and use on/off without any problems but the multi sensor seems to have problems recognising the longpress on the remote.

perkij, May 22, 2005
  2. perkij

Charlie Crackle

I have exactly the same issues with mine.

I also find if you have not used the IR for a while you need to press the button twise on the. THe first press seems to wake it up but does nothing

I reported the bug re unit not found earlier. It work with old version.

Charles

Charlie Crackle, May 22, 2005
  3. perkij

Duncan

This is a known issue which will be resovled in the next release.

Duncan, May 22, 2005
  4. perkij

Newman

With the Multisensor you need to make sure that there are no other functions assigned to that key. When you change the key from a PIR function to a Dimmer function make sure that you clear the occupancy events for that key, i.e. hit "yes" when prompted.

Check that this has happened by checking the occupancy tab and there are no PIR functions associated with your IR functions. Also, make sure that the PIR functions on Group 2 (or whatever they are) are not affecting the same virtual key or group that key 1 is controlling.

Make sure that your key/block mapping is 1:1 on the blocks tab too.

My hunch is that there will be some PIR functions still affecting either groups or keys that you're trying to control via the IR remote.

Newman, May 23, 2005
Ask a Question