Multi sensor dimming programming help

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Lliam, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Lliam

Lliam

Hi
    I am currently trying to program some multi sensors to the specific requirements defined in the specs for job i am working on.

The area the sensors are located in are the public corridors of an apartment building. Different sections of corridor are split into seprate lighting groups with upto 4 sensors controling one lighting group. Its not just one long corridor, there are 90 degree corners and sections where the corridors stop at lift lobbys then start again on the other side of the lift lobby.

The requirements are:
    During daytime the sensors are set to Day Move/ Night Move with Light Level target set to around 250 lux (lights ON under 250 lux, lights OFF above 250 lux)
    At night time (so after sunset) all corridor lights need to dim to 50%, when movement is detected by a multisensor the lighting needs to ramp upto 100% for the set time (10 min atm) then return to 50% when the timer expires.
    Then at sunrise the corridors need to return to normal Day Move/Night move functionality.

I have a touchscreen on different network that i can send a 50% dim at sunset command to all the corridor lighting so thats not an issue. But I am struggling with how i can get the multi sensors to go to 50% as minimum on expiry of timer during this night time period.

Additional Information:
    All lights are DALI controlled through a gateway
    I am not currently using full Light Level Maintenance on the multisensors. I know i could be since the lighting is Dali dimmable but I just want to get above requirements working before I consider turning it on (It has normally just caused me more headaches than its worth when i have used it in the past so I normally stick with straight ON or OFF based on the ambient light level)

Thanks
    Lliam

Lliam, Jun 30, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Lliam

Wonkey

Depending on how you networks are interconnected this may work.
    if your networks are using bridges (5500NB) then
    configure the sensor expiry as recall 1 set at 50%
    In the C touch hopefully it has logic, write some logic that says if between sunrise and sunset GA is below 51% then turn the GA off

Wonkey, Jul 17, 2018 at 1:56 AM
    1. Advertisements

3. Lliam

Lliam

Thanks for you reply Wonkey.
    Yes I have 5 networks all connected with bridges. One of the networks is acting as the main transit backbone network on which the primary touch screen resides which holds all schedules for site.

I think I understand what you mean. Took me a few re-reads but if you (or anyone else reading this) can confirm that I am understanding this correctly:
    "configure the sensor expiry as recall 1 set at 50%" - meaning the sensors will dim the GA(s) to 50% when the timer expires (instead of the default 0/off). So this means the sensors are essentially in the "night time" mode by default (dimming to 50% when no movement is detected at night and timer expires) ?

"In the C touch hopefully it has logic, write some logic that says if between sunrise and sunset GA is below 51% then turn the GA off" - so what you are saying here I need some logic that states that if it is "Day Time" (between sunrise and sunset) and the GA is below 51% (essentially meaning if the GA is at 50% as that is now the sensors new "off" state) then turn the GA completely off/0. Thus achieveing a full OFF state during day time.

Looks like i will have to take crash course in logic programming, have been able to avoid it so far in my cbus programming career. I knew this day would come eventually though.

Also would the fact I am running a DALI dimming system cause any issues with the use of this logic? Specifically with the CBUS system actually getting accurate level (like when the lighst are at 50%) reports back from the DALI system as I have had some issues with this in past.

Thanks
    Lliam

Lliam, Jul 18, 2018 at 1:54 PM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question