Multi-sensor as Lux sensor

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by wanricky, Jun 2, 2006.

1. wanricky

wanricky

I have asked before but I still in search of an answer.

I have read the application note and multi-sensor manuel, but I am still not able to get a couple functions:

(1) I want a B&W C-Touch to display the Lux level from the multi-sensor. It NEVER works.

(2) I want to have the "On/Off" function based on the light level, but I need to Disable it when needed. With "level", the enable works. With "on/off", I need to program the sensor on "bank switch" page but there is no "enable".

wanricky, Jun 2, 2006
  2. wanricky

fredb

B&W C-Touch

Hi,
    I also cannot get my B&W C-Touch to display Lux on the screen (using monitor function). In addition, I cannot get it to display temperature from the (three) temperature sensors.
    However, I can get all of these sensors to display correctly on my color c-touch?
    Can someone offer some suggestions.
    Regards, Fred.

fredb, Jun 4, 2006
  3. wanricky

Newman

Well, if all you want to do is turn on a Group Address when the LL drops below the set threshold of the unit I'd use the Sunset feature rather than Bank Switching. Bank Switching has the advantage of being able to tailor the on/off limits independent of the units primary LL settings however.

If you need to disable the On/Off function how about using the Logic in the output unit?

Newman, Jun 5, 2006
  4. wanricky

Darren Senior Member

B & W C-Touch doesn't support the Multi-sensor at the moment.

Darren, Jun 6, 2006
  5. wanricky

wanricky

It's a bit complicated in my case. We have few rooms, some using simple LUX sensors, some using Multi-sensor (when they need IR remote control). They all want to do the same thing. So it is a bit strange to have them programmed in a totally different way. But I guess it will be the case now.

And the biggest problem is that we are not controlling light. We control blinds and we want it response when LUX reaches some high level! We have already needed to use some triggering method because we only have B&W C-touch. There is no logic engine (which we thought it has, by mistake) so it is not as easy as we would like.

So maybe we will go back using "level" rather than "on/off" triggering.

Now at least there is an answer. We have spent hours trying to figure out what happened.

So, if we have a PAC controller, it should be able to read the multi-sensor, right? We just want to have double confirmation. Thx.

wanricky, Jun 6, 2006
Ask a Question