Multi-room in the UK

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by UK Household Automation, Oct 30, 2006.

1. UK Household Automation

UK Household Automation

Is the CBUS multi-room system available i nthe UK yet?

How is it wired

How many sources

Is there feedback to a CBUS screen ?

Can i use my PC as a source

Will it interact with NET radio?

UK Household Automation, Oct 30, 2006
  2. UK Household Automation

Richo

Not sure, I have heard people talkign about the UK, but don't know if it is available. Talk to your local sales rep.

Here is a link to fairl amount of documentation:
    http://training.clipsal.com/downloads/Marpa/MRA_Documentation_1_0.zip (5.5MB)

The Marpa software is used to configure the matrix switcher so you can download and look at that.
    http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/downloads/marpa

Also check out the amplifier configuration by adding a couple to your project in Toolkit. You can look at the configuration from the Database without having to have the real units.

The system makes extensive use of the DLT technology. So if you have DLT enabled switches it can dynamically update the text displayed on the switches. Since the system also has good discrete control via C-Bus you can use B&W and Colour C-Touches with the system as well.

As long as your PC outputs via one of the accepted source connections it is treated no different to any other source.

There is no direct support for NET radio.

Richo, Oct 30, 2006
  3. UK Household Automation

NorthUK_CBUS_Sales_Eng

MRA has not yet been launched in the UK, but we are all hopeful for a release next year.

I am not sure where in the UK you are, but keep your pressure on either Roger (if it's in the South) or me (Graham if your in the Midlands or North) and we will keep pushing for it.

Good things come to those who wait!

NorthUK_CBUS_Sales_Eng, Nov 3, 2006
  4. UK Household Automation

2SC

What do you mean by "good discrete control"?

2SC, Nov 4, 2006
  5. UK Household Automation

stonecoldbossman

"keep your pressure on us" - typical response from Clipsal uk ...IT SUCKS!

Sorry Clipsal UK but we are the CUSTOMERS we should not need to keep the pressure on you!... you should let us know what?s going on.

I was told by Roger, muilti room audio would be available in the UK August 2006 and stupidly (on my part I admit) installed a system with this in mind.

Now all you can say is "keep the pressure on" because presumably it?s our job as the customer to make Clipsal UK launch products in the UK, that have been available in other countries for some time.

The bottom line is you don?t know, when or if, there is gong to be multi room audio in the UK , I find this unbelievable!

For anyone considering installing Clipsal products in the UK I would say think very carefully, in my opinion there is no commitment to this product from Schneider Electric, just look at the website www.clipsal.co.uk not even anything mildly interesting to put in the news section since 12 Dec 2005? says it all.

Lee Springthorpe

stonecoldbossman, Jan 13, 2007
  6. UK Household Automation

Richo

To be fair to Clipsal UK, this isn't there fault. MRA hasonly been released in Australia. The international version is nearing completion, but currently the UK is not able to sell MRA. This is not there fault it is Clipsal product development (us) that is holding them back.

I'm pretty sure there is. The international version that is currently in development (has been since the Australian version shipped) should be fine for the UK market. Now I can't promises anything, but I hear the guys working on it mumbling UK often enough to know that it is high priority consideration for the product.

The bright side is that you will effectively get the second generation product with all the lessons learned from the Version 1 being inthe market for 12 months to make your experience with the product even better when it is available.

This delay between the Australian version and the International verison was unintended. There were some core systems and technologies not in place at the time of the first release to make the international version possible. The plan moving forward now is to be able to make products available to all markets quickly.

Richo, Jan 14, 2007
  7. UK Household Automation

stonecoldbossman

Hi Richo,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Fair enough its not Clipsal UK?s fault the product hasn?t been released in the UK, its you fault ..so get it sorted!

My main line of business is software development so I know how difficult release dates etc can be, but giving your customers detailed information of why a product is not ready and an estimate of when it might be ready stops them getting frustrated and helps them to understand and more importantly lets them know if it is a better for them to look for a different solution?. Remember we are supplying and installing these products to our own clients.

?we are all hopeful for a release next year.? isn?t that helpful! And I find saying ?keep your pressure on? insulting as a customer, it?s not my job.

Obviously I am frustrated with waiting for this product , but the main reason for my post was that I do not believe Schneider Electric are committed to Clipsal UK and they should sell the license to someone that is!.

So just to clarify ? if anyone is bothered about the UK market do some research and give us some definitive answers

1 ? Is MRA coming to the UK at all?
    2 ? if so when?just an estimate, but saying 2007 is not good enough if there is a plan in place then someone must have a better idea than that!
    3 ? What are the processes that still have to be complete to make it available to the UK does it still need CE mark etc.

Thanks in advance.

Lee Springthorpe

stonecoldbossman, Jan 14, 2007
  8. UK Household Automation

Richo

Yes you are correct. Certainly changes have been made to hopefully prevent delays like this, from the engineering end anyway.

I *think* it is, from what I have heard. But I can't make promises and say for certain. Even if I thought it was a 100% certainity I am not allowed to say so. This forum is populated by customers and engineering staff. Sales and marketting pop in every now and again, but mostly it is engineering. The problem is that once we have completed the engineering on a product, there are numerous other departments invloved in bringing a product to market. To manufacture a product then requires manufacturing engineering to create the process and tools to enable the product to be built. Sales need to get the product into the purchasing system so distrbutors can order it. Manufacturing actually have ot make it. Warehousing need to source components. If manufacturing is in other country (or by a contractor) another whole set of complexities are invloved.

So what I'm saying is generally it is impossible for engineering to answer these sort of questions. The best hope you have is your UK sales guys, and there is a good chance they don't know until all the elements and departments fall into place.

This is a very non-answer, and for that I am sorry. But talking direct to sales is really the best avenue. Also we are not allowed to answer questions about release dates, becuase we always get it wrong.

See above. It's currently Sunday night (yeh, I know what am I doing working) so I have emailed myself a note to chance this up with the project manager he will have a better idea of when the product is ready to manufacture, which canonly help narrow things down.

I'll ask this as well.

Richo, Jan 14, 2007
  9. UK Household Automation

stonecoldbossman

Thanks for trying!

Hi Richo,

I appreciate your efforts in trying to help.

I will keep an eye out for future posts, and try and find the right person to speak to at Clipsal UK.

Lee Springthorpe

stonecoldbossman, Jan 14, 2007
  10. UK Household Automation

2SC

First quarter of 2007 ?

Our local Schneider people told me that the international version that is currently in development will be released the first quarter of 2007.

2SC, Jan 17, 2007
  11. UK Household Automation

Richo

OK, I have caught up with the project manager for MRA 2. I waited, hidden behind his car in the carpark and I pinned him to his car with his arm twisted behind his back and kicked him until he told me what was happening.

The products are basically engineering complete. We are waiting on UL approvals for the US market. All approvals for the UK are done. Current expetations are that product will ship in Quarter 2 provided nothing bad is discovered. Catelogue numbers for the UK have been allocated and to everyones current belief the product is going to ship to the UK (as well as other markets).

This is all unofficial and no promises are made.

Richo, Jan 22, 2007
  12. UK Household Automation

ben addison

i have just recived the new c-bus technical guide. it has the home audio equipment in it. does anyone know when we can buy it? has the stock arrived in the uk yet?

i have 1 or 2 jobs waiting for it.

ben addison, Jul 1, 2007
  13. UK Household Automation

NorthUK_CBUS_Sales_Eng

It is now released

Ben,

MRA was launched by Schneider UK at the Cedia event this year. I have been sent prices through, as has Andy Wood. You can place orders now, we have our initial stock in (although I don't know how much) and further stock is on its way from Oz.

If you need any further info, call me or Andy and we'll talk you through it. It is more sexy than I thought it would be ;)

Cheers,

Graham.

NorthUK_CBUS_Sales_Eng, Jul 6, 2007
  14. UK Household Automation

conor1

cbus multiroom audio uk

released now and demoed at cedia london june 07 .
    contact schnider for further details

conor1, Jul 6, 2007
Ask a Question