MS-Visio templates ?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by [IL]NewGen, Aug 4, 2004.

1. [IL]NewGen

[IL]NewGen

Are there Visio template diagrams to draw up things like wiring diagrams for projects ?

Thanks in advance... :rolleyes:

[IL]NewGen, Aug 4, 2004
  2. [IL]NewGen

BeoLinker

Hi,

Agree, would also be nice also to have C-Bus product shapes.

Any Visio experts?

BeoLinker, Aug 4, 2004
  3. [IL]NewGen

chablis97

CIS do have a Visio template available which includes most C-Bus items. Contact CIS marketing or your local CIS sales office and they will email it to you. It will also be on the web site for download soon . . . .

chablis97, Aug 5, 2004
  4. [IL]NewGen

BeoLinker

Does anybody have the templates that they could attach to a post?

BeoLinker, Aug 8, 2004
  5. [IL]NewGen

Advantex

CAD is the international standard. Two suggestions, AutoCAD (ought to cad) which I would not reccommend (slow, clumbersome and not very good) or EasyCAD7, (quick, easy to learn, versitile - not AutoCAD compatable but can import to some degree). Free download trial available www.fastcad.com - give it a try.

Advantex, Aug 9, 2004
  6. [IL]NewGen

znelbok

Are you saying Autocad is slow becuase you can't use it.

IMO it is very fast if you know what you are doing

I cant comment on the other program you mentioned as I have not used it

Mick

znelbok, Aug 9, 2004
  7. [IL]NewGen

Advantex

sorry znelbok, perhaps you mis-read my meaning. I do not criticise any particular program, they each serve their purpose. I have used AutoCAD extensively. My intent was to suggest that if we draft up diagrams etc, we follow accepted international standards so that this information can be shared on a common platform - to other forum users, architects, builders, the client... etc as 'as built' drawings and so on.

I don't think that any of us 'set' those standards, perhaps the market leaders did by default (or good marketing).

Most good drafting/vector drawing programs can recognise DXF interchange format. What I am suggesting is that we encourage the use of programs that can exchange information in this format so that they can be imported/modified or whatever by CAD drafting programs such as AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, FastCAD, TurboCAD and etc,etc..CAD.

I am sure Clipsal would have scale CAD drawing files of their products for the injection moulders. Perhaps they might be inticed into providing single layer exploded DXF files of the products so we can insert them as parts or symbols into our own favourite programs?

My reason for suggesting EasyCAD was because it is quite inexpensive and very powerful.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2004
    Advantex, Aug 12, 2004
Ask a Question