MRA technical manuals

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by brodsky, Sep 21, 2005.

1. brodsky

brodsky

Hi guys,

I have a few MRA questions that arose from the "new products" brochure. :confused:

Eight digital audio zone outputs (~45m for each star wired
    output).

What is the max. allowable/advisable cable length from the amp to the speakers?

Two mono annunciation inputs
    Are these inputs that you can use e.g from PABX system for announcements over speakers?
    What type of connection?

[Voice annunciation of channel changes. (selectable)
    Are these preset tags with studio-recorded voice or computer generated voice?
    Or is it user- recorded voice?

One custom digital input to allow cascading of units.
    Is that used for the cascading of matrix switchers?

C-Bus infrared output (2 zones) for third party equipment
    control.

Does this replace the need for a seperate NIRT plate?

Reticulated IR support.
    Do I understand it correctly when I assume that it act as a converter to convert raw IR signals received from third party remotes via an IR target, to put it out via the IR emitters?

User interface consisting off LCD display and tactile
    feedback switches.

Will this info be sent out onto C-bus network & can it be used to see what source is selected on touch screens and DLT?

Internal 4A PSU for the amplifiers.
    How many 10W speaker sets (2 speakers per zone) can you drive from this?
    Can you drive 25W as well, if you have maybe 1 or 2 zones only?

Analog Input Impedance 47k ohms
    Digital Input Impedance 110 ohms

Are these the standard impedance ratings, and what if not.
    Do you need to do impedance matching?

Can you maybe give us an idea when we will have some sort of manual (even if only available on SI part of forum). This will clear up a lot of questions that keep on arising.

We quoted for MRA on a few jobs already and piped for it as well. It's just the nitty gritty detail that we lack at this stage.

Thanks
    Brodsky :cool:

brodsky, Sep 21, 2005
  2. brodsky

Richo

I'll answer what I can:

RCA. Just feed a audio signal in and once the signal reaches a certain threshold it will be broadcast on all zones.

Initially these will be from a professionally pre-recorded library. Similar to the TICA Software. (Has different words available)

The cascading thing is somewhat of a mistake to advertise. Although it is possible to use that port for plugging in a another Matrix Switcher it won't work as expected and is NOT a useful feature in my honest opinion.... Don't do it.

The port is very usefull for plugging in other CIS digital audio devices. The only other one (besides the matrix switcher) is the Basic Audio Device which effectively allows you to get another Analog Stereo port on the Matrix Switcher. Other devices to suit other source types may be developed in the future.

Consider this port an audio expansion port rather than a cascading port.

Yes, the Matrix Switcher contains an entire Nirt plate inbuilt.

Each receiver (amplifier) tranmsitts whatever it receives back to the Matrix Switcher which emits it. So if you have a CD player connected to the Matrix Switcher you can use the remote control for that CD player anywhere there is a receiver to control that CD player.

The source and zone information is sent out using the DLT functionality of the Lighting application. Any device that supports DLT can use that to have context sensative displays on the device.

For example a DLT switch can be setup so as the user scrolls through the available sources for that zone the source name is displayed on the switch as well as the context sensative labels for the source dynaimc buttons. (e.g. When CD Player source selected the label "CD Player" is displayed and the option buttons may display "Pause/Play" and "Skip". [/QUOTE]

Richo, Sep 22, 2005
  3. brodsky

brodsky

Thanks Richo,

You helped tremendously. Much appreciated. :)

brodsky, Sep 22, 2005
Ask a Question