MRA Playing Up

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by Jesmond, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Jesmond

Jesmond

Hi Guys,

Just completed my first MRA installation and have 2 problems which have me slightly bewildered. I plan on calling CIS Helpdesk when I go back on site on Monday, but was looking at some advice before hand. The system was working well on the test bench before installation.

Problem 1 - 2 x DLTs with dynamic control no longer display the source name and the dynamic control tags. All I get is the word Source, Dynamic 1 & Dynamic 2. I can't work out why the DLTs have reverted back to this.

Problem 2 - I have 7 remote amps running 7 zones with 6 zones controlled by 8 gang neos using:
    Key 5 source + / -
    Key 6 volume + / -
    Key 7 Dynamic 1
    Key 8 Dynamic 2
    I also have a CTC running the whole system. My problem is that the source control does ramdom things like when I select the source on 1 of the neos, it seems to control the source in another room, I have triple checked the program on each key input and they are all programmed correctly.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can start isolating this type of problem?

Regards

Jesmond, Oct 26, 2006
  2. Jesmond

RatDeSewer

Hi Jesmond,

One thing to be wary of with MRA is that there is a lot of holdup time in the amps power supplies, so that if you have been swapping amps around on zones whilst powered up, and not waiting for the caps to discharge, then the amps will think they are on the wrong zone. You need to wait at least 10 seconds between unplugging an amp form one zone and plugging into a new one. Of course if you have any external power supplies in the system, these will also need to be turned off, otherwise the caps will never discharge. So at this stage, the first thing to try is to completely power the MRA system down (don't need to power down C-Bus), wait 15-20 secs and then re-power. It will take about 30secs before it works out what is where.

Cheers

RDS

RatDeSewer, Oct 27, 2006
  3. Jesmond

Jesmond

Found The Problem

Hi Guys,

Just giving you an update that when I went on site again over the weekend the toolkit gui for the zone 1 & 7 amps kept on telling me they were both on the same zone, which was zone 1. I have absolutly no idea how this came about, as all amps were preconfigured on the test bench.

Once I established this was the fault, I has no idea on how to fix it, so I disconnedted the digital cable and the power cable of both amps and let it sit. A couple of minutes later, plugged it all in, and presto, all working correctly.....

Incidently, this also fixed the problem I was having with the DLT's

I'm just glad it was a simple fix.....

Regards

Jesmond, Oct 29, 2006
Ask a Question