MRA Obsolete?

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by jon.godfrey, Jul 28, 2010.

1. jon.godfrey

jon.godfrey

My C-Bus supplier has told me MRA has been made obsolete? I can't see that with the 560884/2E just released. Anybody shed any light on this?

Cheers

Jon:confused:

jon.godfrey, Jul 28, 2010
  2. jon.godfrey

ashleigh Moderator

Old one might be gone, to be replaced by the new one.

ashleigh, Jul 29, 2010
  3. jon.godfrey

Conformist

Hi Jon

New MRA has not been released in the UK yet (this is a local decision in the UK). As the old MRA Matrix Switcher is no longer being made, this may cause problems. Please feel free to PM me if you need more specific assistance or you see this delay in release impeding you.

Cheers

Conformist, Jul 29, 2010
  4. jon.godfrey

RatDeSewer

Old matrix switcher can exist with a new one on the same system. There shouldn't be any incompatibilty issues.

Cheers

RatDeSewer, Jul 30, 2010
  5. jon.godfrey

jon.godfrey

Thanks to all. This helps a great deal as I am half way through quite a complex build, have committed to this technology and didn't want to land high and dry. I have the old MRA Matrix Switcher working fine on three zone but have another four to do. Nothing holding me back but thanks for the offer of help.

Good to know the can work side by side as I'd like to use the data streaming function of the new one. I could always import one ;-)

Anybody know if the Amps are changing too? It was suggested to me this might be a "last time buy" in the UK. I've ordered anyway. I'm not very impressed with the communication in the UK. It's a big commitment when you adopt a technology to be told half way through it's no longer available.

Thank goodness for the Forum!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2010
    jon.godfrey, Jul 30, 2010
  6. jon.godfrey

Colin1142

I have been told new one will not be made available in uk by our sales guy.

Colin1142, Jul 30, 2010
  7. jon.godfrey

jon.godfrey

What is the logic of that? Madness for sure...

IMHO; Lexcom was a bit of a cock up, Delta8 didn't support the digital formats at launch so seems a waste of time and now no audio in the UK? Planning to fail in my view. Unless I'm missing something obvious...

jon.godfrey, Jul 31, 2010
  8. jon.godfrey

Conformist

Hi Jon

Probably need some clarification here...

There is a new Matrix Switcher. This has the new features including streaming capabilities, dual analogue tuners etc. All amplifiers, work with all matrix switchers... there is no break in compatibility.

If you need the new functionality, you will need the new Matrix Switcher but of course can use your existing amps.

The amps are definitely not changing! We've added a lower cost, lower powered remote amp that is compatible with all revisions of 'the system'.

I agree, the communication needs to be improved. Please be assured, the technology will continue to be available. Feel free to PM me if you need further assistance.

Conformist, Jul 31, 2010
  9. jon.godfrey

jon.godfrey

Great! Thanks for the info. I have brought all the amps I need as I think the UK stockist want to "encourage" as much of their stock out. They sold me the featured model at the remote model price plus a good discount so I'm not complaining. I needed to buy them soon so it's not an issue.

If the UK isn?t going to support the new matrix switch I may import. I have good contacts in Australia so I am sure it could be done, but it's not top of my priorities.

You?ve been a great help (and reassurance) thanks :)

Cheers

Jon

jon.godfrey, Jul 31, 2010
  10. jon.godfrey

ben addison

I was told by clipsal uk that only 10 MRA had been sold in the uk, but i have installed 3.
    I could sell the new MRA switcher over here with out a problem. If i could get hold of the new one it would be great to try out.
    If anyone can get hold of one please pm me?

Thanks

ben addison, Aug 1, 2010
Ask a Question