MRA issues with linking Ripple with piced project

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by TomA, Jan 30, 2018.

1. TomA

TomA

Hello

I was following the youtube video part 1,2 and 3 for advanced MRA setup to wiser and I got to the part where you edit your matrix switcher in Piced (very start of part 2) and his computer shows more features than mine does i.e a box to put your Ripple computers IP address and port number which I don't have the option to.
    I have the Black MRA deluxe with streaming capabilities and I am running with windows 10.
    I have attached what my computer looks like when double clicking my matrix unit and also a link to the youtube video.

Attached Files:

TomA, Jan 30, 2018
  2. TomA

TomA

Also I have the wiser 2 and ive read somewhere that you can now stream from mobile device to MRA matrix switcher? can someone confirm this and how is it done?

TomA, Jan 30, 2018
  3. TomA

NickD Moderator

The video you are looking at is setting up an original Wiser project, where Ripple was a separate application running on a PC.

In the Wiser2, Ripple is built in to the Wiser2. You set the IP address of the Matrix Switcher on the "SAMBA" tab of the project settings. Here you can also set a path and login to a SAMBA share with your music library. Otherwise you can plug a USB stick (some HDDs will work but some draw too much power) with the music on it into the Wiser2 itself.

Then you can use the MRA V3 widget in your project.

A few other tips.. once set up, you need to trigger the Wiser2 to read the music library by going into the "System Utilities" menu on the app and rescanning library. Also, if you want album art, there needs to be a jpg for each track in the same folder. I'm told that using Windows Media Player to do this is the easiest way, but I haven't done it myself.

Nick

NickD, Jan 31, 2018
  4. TomA

TomA

Thanks for your reply Nick

I now see it in the SAMBA section in project details. I have enabled SAMBA server and also entered my matrix IP in to the appropriate box. I have also confirmed that in widget manager the MRA v3 is selected.
    However I still cant get it to work. I have gone into system utilities and refreshed. I am getting an error saying ripple is disconnected all the time in the wiser2 app.
    I have also tried sticking a USB stick directly into the wiser to try and play it that way but still no luck.
    Any thoughts?

Cheers

TomA, Jan 31, 2018
  5. TomA

NickD Moderator

I've not done this myself, so I can't suggest much more.

I assume the Matrix switcher is reachable at the address (same subnet etc).
    You don't still have the PC Ripple software running do you?
    If you previously connected with the PC Ripple you may need to restart the Matrix Switcher in case the connection was not closed nicely.

Failing that it might be time to try a call to Tech Support.

Nick

NickD, Feb 1, 2018
Ask a Question