MRA & IR distribution

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by znelbok, Dec 31, 2005.

1. znelbok

znelbok

Can the MRA system be used as an IR repeater system, without using the audio side of it
    ie
    If I have set up a matrix switcher with say one remote amp (just to keep it simple) and the remote amp is next to the TV in that zone with an IR reciever, can I use the MRA system to repeat IR commands back to the STB that is situated in the closet with the matrix switcher.

Thanks

Mick

znelbok, Dec 31, 2005
  2. znelbok

Matty

Sure, the amplfiier doesn't need to make any sound for the IR reticulatioon to work however the amplifier does need to be switched on. This will be wasting power and is not really feasible in the end.

May I recommend the 8050 range of IR reticulation products for the job.

Regards,
    Matty

Matty, Jan 2, 2006
  3. znelbok

znelbok

Thanks Matty

I assumed that these amps would always be on, especially the remote amps. How do they get turned on and off then? Via C-bus commands?

i will look into the 8050 stuff

Mick

znelbok, Jan 2, 2006
  4. znelbok

Matty

Setting the volume level to 0 will switch the amp off. This will reduce the power consumption of the amps to a standby level. Off the top of my head I don't know what the level is.

Regards,
    Matty

Matty, Jan 2, 2006
Ask a Question