MRA Amps power on/off

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by jonnyp64, Oct 2, 2021.

1. jonnyp64

jonnyp64

Can someone please tell me if the cBus amps auto switch on when they sense an input?
    I want to use the existing infrastructure of cbus amps and speakers and connect them to a Sonos Port unit instead- one for each of 7 zones. The existing MRA matrix unit and associated programming will be removed.
    I’m not sure how the amps switch on/off at the moment but if it requires a bus command then I’m screwed- I think?

jonnyp64, Oct 2, 2021
  2. jonnyp64

Ashley

The amps don't auto power on. The desktop amp has a front panel switch, the remote amps are on all the time.

The remote amps can only be controlled by cbus commands, but you don't need the matrix switcher. You can assign cbus lighting ga's to control them, so if you want them all to be on the local input and a set volume just define them all on the same ga's then define a scene somewhere to set this up. You will need to repeat this if the power fails.

Ashley, Oct 2, 2021
Ask a Question