MQ discovery on Home Assistant, nothing

Discussion in 'Third-Party Solutions' started by theboyg, Nov 13, 2021.

1. theboyg

theboyg

I've now got what I think is everything connected. A Pi running cgate, the same Pi running cgateweb and is broadcasting MQ messages OK.

Home Assistant has Mosquitto installed, and I'm using MQTT Explorer to connect to the broker on Home Assistant and I can see the CBUS messaging coming in.

What I'm not seeing tho are any devices being discovered on Home Assistant, I'm using the defaults, but I'm clearly missing something. Is there anything special to do? I even tried putting "cbus" as a listen topic in the MQTT Broker config page.

If Mosquitto is seeing the topics, what's left to do?? Thanks all

upload_2021-11-13_14-59-21.png

theboyg, Nov 13, 2021
  2. theboyg

theboyg

Am I right in thinking cgateweb doesn't broadcast device discovery, and I need to manually add all my devices? If the latter, it's not immediately obvious how to add 100 CBUS devices into HA

I THINK I need to manually edit the configuration.yaml file. Does anyone have any examples I could reference, I've looked and I can't find anything :-(

theboyg, Nov 13, 2021
  3. theboyg

Damaxx

Discovery on HA requires a lot of info added to MQTT so you're better off adding it manually to a light.yaml file then restart your HA. Make sure your YAML formatting is correct as the forum seems to auto adjust it.

- platform: mqtt
    name: Bathroom Light
    state_topic: 'cbus/read/254/56/2/state'
    command_topic: 'cbus/write/254/56/2/switch'
    payload_on: 'ON'
    payload_off: 'OFF'

Damaxx, Nov 13, 2021
    theboyg likes this.
Ask a Question