moving a touch screen accross networks

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Neil C, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Neil C

Neil C

I have had to remove a mono touch screen from one c-bus system, and install it on another. I can see the touch screen if I scan the C-bus network with the C-bus toolkit software, and I can also connect to the touch screen via the serial port of my pc. What I was hoping to do was to just modify the touch screen slightly, and get it to connect to the various groups in the new C-bus network. However, I cannot seem to see any of the groups on the new C-bus network. If I want to create a new button, then it does give me an option of various groups, but none of the renamed groups on the new C-bus network. I assume that it should allow me to chose a group which has been assigned for instance on a dimmer, and called ?lounge lights? but it doesn?t show this name. Is this because I am trying to modify a page which has been created on the original project?

Maybe it would be better if I just wiped the touchscreen, and started again. Does anybody have any advice to offer on this? Also, if I was to go down this path, I am unsure as to how I could wiped the existing details. Do I just create a new project with piced software, and upload it?

Any comments or advice would be most gratefully received.

Neil C, Jun 25, 2008
  2. Neil C

[IL]NewGen

As you should know that Group Addresses are actually linked your panel and devices via Specific addresses and not via Desciptive text.

With your situation I reckon the best way (or to cheat a little) is to extract the project and re-assign the Project file; before doing so set all the assigned cbus control buttons to Unused or none before you begin.

But then again, starting from a clean slate or a template is still the better alternative, because you might miss on hidden buttons or unwanted scenes/schedules.

[IL]NewGen, Jun 26, 2008
Ask a Question