More Curtain control

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by [email protected], Nov 1, 2005.

1. arnis@nyherji.is

[email protected]

Hi all

just a quick question

lets say i have 6 roller curtain motors that I want to control with CBUS

I then have one 12ch CBUS Relay
    I could connect each up and down wire to a diffrent relay channel, i.e use all channels for the 6 curtains

if I am ok with all the curtains going up and down at the same time, I could just join all the up wires and connect them to one channel and all the down wires to another channel, and then be able to control all the curtains with two channels,

are there any negative issues in doing that ?

thanks for you input
    Arni

[email protected], Nov 1, 2005
  2. arnis@nyherji.is

PSC

Assuming that you are using 240v to power the motors you should use a CBus changeover relay to avoid the possibity of powering both sides of the motor at the same time.

If you intend on hooking up all the blinds to the same channel, you will need to check the loadings of the motors. Just make sure you don't exceed the rating on the changeover relay.

Clipsal have a white paper on how to wire & program the changeover relay for curtain / shutter control.

http://www3.clipsal.com/cis/pdf_files/5504RVFC_Wiring_notes.pdf

If you only need closed contacts to operate the blind controller, a 12ch relay will do the job.

It all depends on the type of blind controller / motor you intend to use.

PSC, Nov 1, 2005
  3. arnis@nyherji.is

[email protected]

These are 240V AC Motors

I seem to recall to have heard that I should not connect two or more curtain motors to the same contact i.e. channel.

can anyone confirm this ?

[email protected], Nov 4, 2005
  4. arnis@nyherji.is

Sergio

Curtain control

This thread will help you

Yes, you should not connect two or more motors to one relay channel. This can case warranty voidance. You should use special group controllers from motors manufacturers.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2005
    Sergio, Nov 6, 2005
  5. arnis@nyherji.is

Jetson

Group connection blinds

Yes, you can't connect more than one blind per relay out put. When the first motor stops at its limit and the second is still running you will get some back feeding and all of the motors will roll up and down a short distance over and over again untill the cows come home, Ian:D

Jetson, Feb 10, 2006
  6. arnis@nyherji.is

znelbok

I have just installed two roller shutters (same thing) using the elero stuff and it all works well. The elero reg-2way can drive two motors from the same unit so you only use two channels for two curtains.

I would recomend that you use something like this as it makes the isntallation so much easier (logic wise as well).

Mind you I am not an installer and this is the only one I have done (more to come though), but it was nice and easy.

Mick

znelbok, Feb 11, 2006
Ask a Question