Monitoring Light Levels on Colour C-Touch

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by mattyb, Oct 19, 2005.

1. mattyb

mattyb

G'day

Am trying to use a 5031PE (Weather Prrof) to switch a couple of different channels at different light levels. I'm doing this with logic on a colour c-touch.

I've done the programming in PICED using the Monitor component and GetUnitParameter and have a screen that allows a user to change the set-point & hysterisis for each channel along with displaying the current (monitored) light level.

This all works fine when I connect to C-BUS with PICED - the light level updates, the GA's switch ON and OFF and what not.

When the program is in the touchscreen, the monitor component will not show the light level (just '? lux'). I have used this code (below) to check that the parameter data is available before doing anything with it and also turn on a GA that I'm using to debug the program.

if GetUnitParamStatus("G to L3 House", 100, 2) then
    begin
    PE_LEVEL := GetUnitParameter("G to L3 House", 100, 2);
    SetLightingState("SENSOR", ON);
    end;

The GA "SENSOR" is not coming ON so I presume the touchscreen is not getting anything from the light sensor.

I've checked the sensor will directly switch a dummy GA ON/OFF and the c-touch log is showing it trying to ramp it and switch it but just can not get it to monitor the lighting level.

Am I missing something obvious? Or not so obvious?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

mattyb, Oct 19, 2005
  2. mattyb

Richo

Is this a multiple network installatiuon? If so is the CTC and the Light Level Sensor on the same network?

Richo, Oct 19, 2005
  3. mattyb

mattyb

Yeah, it's a 10 network project but both the CTC and the light level sensor are on the same network.

We've had a fair few issues with the CTC as far as multi-network and multiple applications go...most of which have been resolved with CTC software updates by Darren.

mattyb, Oct 20, 2005
  4. mattyb

mattyb

Am now able to show the light level but the logic doesn't compile on the CTC...am in touch with Tech Support so I won't bug you guys with this one any more :)

mattyb, Oct 20, 2005
  5. mattyb

Darren Senior Member

It is possible that the light sensor unit needs to be "reset". To check this, run the C-Bus diagnostic software and run an installation MMI. If you see an error on the unit address for the light sensor, this is the most likely cause. You will need to contact tech support for advice on how to reset the unit.

Darren, Oct 24, 2005
Ask a Question