Monitoring garage door

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by slackj, Jun 12, 2012.

1. slackj

slackj

I would like to monitor a few doors/gates when away from my home thru my Wiser and iphone app.
    Has anyone used a L5504AUX to monitor a standard magnetic door contact and have the door status displayed as possibly a '2 state Enable' widget type in Piced. A simple YES / NO, Open/Close or even pretty icons would be fine.

Or after a little research would a more expensive and complicated E5504GI unit be required? I have attached what might be a possible config screen.
    Any experience would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

slackj, Jun 12, 2012
  2. slackj

znelbok

I used an aux module for a while before the alarm system went in. it was used to turn on the lights when the door opened. This is kinda what the aux module was built for.

Mick

znelbok, Jun 13, 2012
  3. slackj

poldim

Bringing this back since the thread concept applied to my situation.

Here's the gist:
    With lots of traffic through the house on occasions, I wanted to know whether the door is open or closed. While you have people over, I dont necessarily want to be running up and down three flights of stairs. While the L5504AUX could do the job, its overkill and overpriced. I got a Foscam PTZ camera from Amazon for 50 bucks and now have an image showing me the garage door position. With the camera on wifi, installation took longer than me figuring out where I wanted to put it. One of these days I will sling an ethernet cable over there...

I've yet to try to set up the PTZ controls, but would be convenient for panning to see who's home while I'm not.

If I'm at home and on the LAN, the video feed is clear enough to see faces walking into the garage.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013
    poldim, Jul 8, 2013
Ask a Question