Modulator star server

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by Chibby, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Chibby

Chibby

Has any one come across a digital modulator for star server or a set top box with a analog tuner, the problem is that most flat screen tv only have a digital tuner and the star server will soon become redundant with only a analog tuner, i know you can use a VCR but its a lot of real estate for only a tuner?

Chibby, Jul 17, 2007
  2. Chibby

znelbok

I to have been looking for a digital modulator. Last time I spoke with Kingray they said that there were no consumer modulators available yet, mainly because there was no demand for one.

The idea of one is great. You could use your standard PVR as a security DVR by recording the modulated feed. Use something like a topfield that can record two channels at once with two cameras and you have a very simple and cheap DVR for home use.

Mick

znelbok, Jul 18, 2007
  3. Chibby

Nobes

Yep me too. No Luck here either.

Nobes, Jul 24, 2007
  4. Chibby

tobex

Tuning into signals is getting really old too. Within a couple of years all you will need is a LAN connection.

tobex, Jul 24, 2007
  5. Chibby

znelbok

Thats here already. I cant think of the name of the product, but it "converts" the incoming AV into a stream on your network. Used a lot in the states. The National Baseball league have just taken them to court about their product.

Tuning into FTA will always be needed. There is no way that we are going to get TV via ethernet/Internet as not enough of Australia gets a good connection. A lucky few may go this path, but not mainstream.

I spoke to Laceys and they had nothing and reckon there should be something in about 10 years - I hope its earlier than that.

Mick

znelbok, Jul 24, 2007
  6. Chibby

tobex

Internet based TV is not important. But domestic LAN TV traffic is quite possible.

tobex, Jul 24, 2007
Ask a Question