Modify remote scenes

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by jfarrall, Feb 3, 2008.

1. jfarrall

jfarrall

Maybe i'm missing something really obvious here but I do not seem to be able to modify or toggle scenes remotely.

I have several staurn switches in the hallway of a clients property, I want all of the switches to share a number of scenes (to adjust the hall lighting).

I have set this up no problem and have all of the switches triggering scenes that have been stored across just one or two of them.

I then tried to implement a scene modify key to dim the last scene used and another to toggle ON or OFF the last scene, this works fine for the switches that contain the scene data but does not have any effect for the switches that remotely trigger the scenes.. :(

Anyone have any ideas on how this can be done?? Presumably the scene modify only relates to locally stored scenes..

Many thanks

jfarrall, Feb 3, 2008
  2. jfarrall

ashleigh Moderator

It can't be done.

Scene modify can only be done from the switches that contain the scene.

ashleigh, Feb 4, 2008
  3. jfarrall

jfarrall

Ah

as I thought.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

jfarrall, Feb 4, 2008
  4. jfarrall

damian.flynn

Hi,

I am tring the same, and also using saturns. I have two switches one at each end of the hall. I can create the scene in the saturn and save it, but the remote saturn can not see the scene. If i paste a copy of the scens from the first for example scene 1 set some lights to various levels, and secen 2 set all ligrhts to 0%.

I have a PACA in the installation pannel, but not connected to the cbus or powered it up, if I hooked up the PACA would i be able to save scenes on it and access this from the saturns?

thank you
    Damian

[novice]

damian.flynn, Feb 4, 2008
  5. jfarrall

ashleigh Moderator

To make a remote trigger for a scene, go to the unit that you want to do the remote triggering and create an empty scene with the same trigger group and action selector as you used in the unit that stores the scene.

Or you can use a PACA.

ashleigh, Feb 4, 2008
Ask a Question