MODBUS Profiles?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by znelbok, Sep 4, 2020.

1. znelbok

znelbok

I am trying to crate a modbus profile for my PLC and connect it to the SHAC.

The SHAC is working with the PLC (RTU) and I can get values back using the RTU Read Test.

I have created a profile for all the values I need and it loads fine into the list of profiles.

I add a device using the profile uploaded but when I click on mapping the window that opens up has nothing in it at all.

As a sanity test, I added another device based on the one that were supplied and the mapping window shows everything that is in the profile.

So what am I doing wrong? what would be causing the mapping window not to display any of the configured maps in the profile?

an example of some mapping

{"Name":"UPS Healthy","bus_datatype":"bool","type":"discreteinput","address":0},
    {"Name":"Water Pump Manual","bus_datatype":"bool","type":"discreteinput","address":1},
    {"Name":"Water Pump Running","bus_datatype":"bool","type":"discreteinput","address":2},
    {"Name":"Water Pump TOL","bus_datatype":"bool","type":"discreteinput","address":3},

znelbok, Sep 4, 2020
  2. znelbok

Pie Boy

i think you may also need datatype for the modbus side like below, bus_datatype is the object type datetype is the modbus type

{"Name":"UPS Healthy","bus_datatype":"bool","datatype": "bool", "type":"discreteinput","address":0},

Pie Boy, Sep 4, 2020
  3. znelbok

znelbok

Thanks

According to the documentation, its not a required field. Its used for conversion.

I added the field anyway and I still get nothing in the object mapping window.

Its going to be something so simple, just have to find it.

znelbok, Sep 4, 2020
  4. znelbok

Pie Boy

Good to know, i wasn't sure, do you have an object with matching date type eg a user parameter set to boolean as data type, there will be no ability to map if an compatible object with the same data type dose not exist

Pie Boy, Sep 4, 2020
  5. znelbok

znelbok

I studied the profile with an existing one and I noticed that I had Name instead of name and there were spaces after the colons.
    Seeing as this is a linux box, it makes sense that its case sensitive.
    Anyway, changing the case and adding the spaces made the difference.
    Just trying to work out how to write to the PLC now.

znelbok, Sep 4, 2020
  6. znelbok

Ashley

This has never made any sense. It's just a fact of life from a bad decision made 50 years ago that we seem to be stuck with. :(

Ashley, Sep 5, 2020
Ask a Question