MKII touch screen - C-bus communication failure

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by stevenfrost, Oct 2, 2008.

1. stevenfrost

stevenfrost

HI
    I have jsut added a MKII to a existing network, plug it in and it boots up. Screen then alternates between Unit not been programmed and Warning - C-bus comms failure. I also notice when its plugged in the c-bus light flashes on the PCI (mostly on littel flash off then on for a about 3 seconds then flashes off again)

I have loaded the USB driver on toolkit

I also cannot connect to the touch screen in PICED, nor see it when scanning the network. I am using latest version of both.

Thanks

stevenfrost, Oct 2, 2008
  2. stevenfrost

Newman

It sounds like your network voltage is too low. C-Bus Devices flash their C-Bus LED at about 4Hz when the network voltage drops below 20V and the C-Bus LED turns off when the network voltage is below 15V or there is no C-Bus clock signal.

The MKII B&W Touchscreens draw 65mA, which is 25mA more than the old one and approximately a third of the power provided by one DIN dimmer/relay with built-in power supply.

Newman, Oct 2, 2008
  3. stevenfrost

stevenfrost

Network voltage is 30v+ on all units with the screen plugged in. Network has:
    1 x12ch ralay with power supply 200ma
    1 x 12ch relay no power,
    1 x 350ma power supply,
    1 PC interface
    6x 4 button swithces
    3x PIR.

So by my calculations should be enough?

stevenfrost, Oct 8, 2008
  4. stevenfrost

______.

Does your switches etc still work while the screen is connected to the network?
    Have you checked the basics eg: the connections on the back of the screen are right (no legs crossed etc) one clock/burden turned on etc

If you can't scan the C-bus network with toolkit and find the screen and you can't connect to the screen via USB with PICED then it sounds like you might have a faulty screen.

______., Oct 8, 2008
  5. stevenfrost

stevenfrost

I have checked all the basics, everything stops working when the screen is plugged in and can connect to the screen via PICED. Cant scan so I cant tell if the burden is enabled on the screen.
    Do the screens come factory default burden enabled?

stevenfrost, Oct 9, 2008
  6. stevenfrost

Newman

Sounds more & more like a faulty screen. Might be worth giving Tech Support a call.

Newman, Oct 12, 2008
Ask a Question