Missing Units on Network Scan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by abg, Dec 10, 2008.

1. abg

abg

Sorry - this should probably be in hardware....

I've just commissioned all relays/dimmers/reflection switches/sensors etc in my new home network. There are a total of 101 units. I have pre-programmed all in Toolkit including serial numbers etc. According to toolkit the total power supplied to the network is currently 2000mA and consumption is calculated at 1616ma. Impedance is calculated as 831ohms.

After scanning the network all system units/dimmers/relays appear correctly but only one multi-sensor (out of ~25) and one reflection switch (out of 31) appear.

All sensors' LEDs are responding when you walk past them and the LEDs on the reflections are all lit (I presume because they have not yet had their programming downloaded).

I can't think of anything obvious I might have done (or not done) to prevent all units being found.

Any suggestions why the majority of the sensors and reflection input units wouldn't appear on the network scan but do appear to have C-Bus power to them?

Many thanks.

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2008
    abg, Dec 10, 2008
  2. abg

Darren Senior Member

You shouldn't really have more than 100 units on a network. You may be getting communication problems as a result of this. Try using the Diagnostic Utility to see if there are lots of communication errors on your network.

Darren, Dec 10, 2008
  3. abg

abg

Found the problem and all now ok. Thanks for the advice about unit numbers Darren - I'll keep this in mind. Number is actually around ~70 units on first network and ~30 units (shutter relays) on 2nd network but I'll keep an eye on traffic.

Regards.

abg, Dec 12, 2008
Ask a Question