Missing Features

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by Nobes, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Nobes

Nobes

Hi Guys,

I have a new 5500SHAC installed in a restaurant.
    I'm really struggling with some missing basic features at the moment.

Scenes, max ramp time of 17mins?
    Timer functions, or lack there of. Can't seem set a button to be a timer?

It's been slated as a Touch Screen replacement, but at the moment there seems to be a lot of basic functions that we had on the touch screen, that we don't have now.

Chris.

Nobes, Oct 11, 2017
  2. Nobes

Ashley

The maximum 17 minute ramp time is set by the underlying protocol, not the 5500SHAC. It is the same for every device. This is one step of the ga every 4 seconds. If you need longer delays (why?) just use logic to step the ga every x seconds.

Ashley, Oct 11, 2017
  3. Nobes

DarylMc

Ashley
    Would it be correct to presume timer function for a button will also be done in logic?

DarylMc, Oct 11, 2017
  4. Nobes

Ashley

I can't see any other way of doing it. You would have to create an event based script to issue a pulseCbusCommand for the ga.

I haven't spent that much time with it yet so I could be missing something. Can't say I'm very impressed with the interface so far. I understand that developers love web based interfaces because it makes their life so easy in not having to support apps on multiple platforms, but I've yet to find one that impresses.

I have to agree in being a bit underwhelmed so far.

Ashley, Oct 11, 2017
  5. Nobes

Memphix

It appears quite powerful but I agree the engineers could be adding a lot more to keep the feel/function of previous devices. Its pushing it away from the sparky to more the IT world. Which in my opinion is moving away from the original intent (considering its going to be a primary product).

Memphix, Dec 15, 2017
Ask a Question