Miss-reporting Power Supplies

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by chromus, Dec 12, 2019.

1. chromus

chromus

Hi All,

I have a client with an older install that has (according to the units) 4Output unit PSUs and a standalone PSU.

(4x200ma) + 350ma = 1150ma of input power according to the units stencils.

Where it gets odd is the current draw is listed as 1045 ma > this matches the my calculations for the units on the network.

But the network reports 2400ma of input power.

I know this can't be correct as the network fails if I disconnect any of the known to be PSUs which makes sense as it goes over the available power.

Is there any easy way of diagnosing which unit is misreporting its output (and fixing if possible).

I'm an integrator not a sparky so opening the boards up is gonna need me to buy a carton, and possible pay a call out, which the client will likley bork at.

chromus, Dec 12, 2019
  2. chromus

bmerrick

Hi Chromus,

I assume there are other relays and dimmers there other than just the ones you note have power supplies?

If there are, and they don't have the '200ma Power Supply Installed', they are likely (but not always consistently) the non power supplied units. The actual power supplies being fitted or otherwise is not interrogated or reported in a C-Bus network scan, they will all go into the database as the with power supply fitted part code ie an L5512RVFP will go into the database as a L5512RVF, and the L5508D1AP (without PSU) will go in as a L5508D1A (with power supply).

On the Unit Identification tab for the device, there is a part number field 'Catalog Number (db)' which you just change to the appropriate part number value eg to a L5508D1AP or L5512RVFP (without PSU) and the database then gives the correct output for the network. 5500PS 350ma Power Supplies need to be added manually to the database using the 'add unit' button database units section of the Toolkit screen.

Hope this is all that is wrong!!

Cheers,

Brad

:eek::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    bmerrick, Dec 12, 2019
  3. chromus

chromus

Thanks Brad, I pulled the covers off and quickly grabbed pics of the stickers and put the covers back on. All as it should be now reading 1150ma Supply and 1063ma consumption. (Added a 5504DTSI since last post)

It beats me how Clipsal doesn't have this set as a tag in the units firmware. o_O

chromus, Dec 12, 2019
  4. chromus

bmerrick

Clipsal had to leave some features out to include in C-Bus3 didn't they :p

Glad it went well and have a good one,

Brad

:eek::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

bmerrick, Dec 13, 2019
Ask a Question