Minor movement with 5753 peirl

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by v1nc3nt, Aug 29, 2012.

1. v1nc3nt

v1nc3nt

Hi Newman,

I have probleme work with 5753 peirl,
    Sensor is working on my office work room, sometimes when i only do typing or phone calling, sensor doesn't detect my presence in the room. So i have move my hand or get up from my chair to let the light turn on.

Do you any advice to setup 5753 peirl goes continues, without light turn off.?
    At other hand, i'm still need that 5 min turn off light, ehem i left the room.

thanks

Vincent

v1nc3nt, Aug 29, 2012
  2. v1nc3nt

Newman

The PIR's will always struggle to detect very minor movement, such as that generated when someone is typing. There are however a few things to check.

Underneath the front cover are 2 adjustment screws that can be used to adjust some settings on the unit. Pot B is the sensitivity adjustment, by default, and this should be turned fully clockwise to maximise the unit sensitivity.

It may also be the case that you need another sensor in a different location in the room, closer to where you are sitting, to increase it's ability to detect movement.

You can also consider extending the time-out to more than 5 minutes.

Newman, Aug 30, 2012
  3. v1nc3nt

v1nc3nt

HI . thanks for respons

Hi Newman,

1. ok i try to adjust pot B, and do test comm again.
    2. i thought this is last step to add more sensor. ( room size 3.5 X 5 m2, ceiling height 2.8 m)

3. target is still 5 minute , if no body inside the room

thank for your quick prompt response, i will give my FR if sensor goes well or goes wrong

rgds
    vincent

note : thank to move my question in new thread :)

v1nc3nt, Aug 30, 2012
  4. v1nc3nt

Matthew

find the sensitive spot

Hi Vincent
    The PIR works by detecting the movement of a body with a higher temperature than the ambient it is in. It has several zones that are like cones emanating from the sensor lens. Some times if you are directly in the middle of a sensor zone, it doesn't detect you. You can try turning the sensor very slightly (say 5-10degrees) one direction, the idea is to move the detection zones so that where you are sitting is in between two so you are using the maximum field sensitivity. Do this and see if that makes it any better, if not try again until it works to your satisfaction.

PIR's are movement sensor's, NOT presence detectors so 5 minutes is a very short time out and would not be recommended for this type of sensor in this type of environment (office). Normally we do 15min minimum.

If you have a wall switch (key input) you could turn that off when you leave the room.

Cheers

Matthew, Aug 31, 2012
  5. v1nc3nt

v1nc3nt

hi FR first step

Hi Newman,

1. For option 1 , could not go well, minor activity not detect ( sitting and hand writting, light turn off.

2. we are still workin on it .

3. done

i give you another FR again in option 2 after we finish test.

thanks
    vincent

v1nc3nt, Aug 31, 2012
  6. v1nc3nt

v1nc3nt

hi Mathew

HI Mathew ....

thanks for your response... ok i will try as your advice ..
    i try to connect this group lamp to switch this morning... and it works well.. but after few hour... in afternoon, switch not work at all ( it can turn the light on/off)
    can you tell me what happen with this condition.

we use 232 device connect in 7 sub-network / panel , it happened only in about 2 room.

thanks

rgds
    Vincent

v1nc3nt, Sep 1, 2012
  7. v1nc3nt

v1nc3nt

Hi Newman

Done, the probleme is on lumination setting.
    Thanks

v1nc3nt, Sep 3, 2012
Ask a Question