Minder software

Discussion in 'Homesafe & Security Access & Control' started by allstug, Jan 12, 2012.

1. allstug

allstug

To my surprise I have found the installers and all the manuals for the now unsupported Clipsal Minder. If you need them let me know.

allstug, Jan 12, 2012
  2. allstug

Aminpro

It's been like almost 10 years that my Minder is sitting there being useless with it's programming lost.

The contractor abandoned the project along with the web home automation stuff(server no longer active).

I've been experimenting with the C-BUS protocol via the PCI and so far, I've only got to toggle some switches. Still figuring out how do the "Groups" work.

Wondering if anyone here have the Minder's software. Otherwise it is just sitting there with all of it's sensors attached. One thing that made me unable to remove the minder is that if I remove the CBUS pink cable from the Minder, all of the switches in my house stops working.

Aminpro, Sep 11, 2013
  3. allstug

Roosta

All the switches probably stop working because there is no clock or burden enabled or installed elsewhere on the network..

Remove the minder and replace with a 5400/16CB and/or a B&W mk2 Touchscreen and/or a Wiser (If you can find one) and say good bye to the minder 'heartache' forever..

Cheers..

Roosta, Sep 12, 2013
  4. allstug

Conformist

Sorry Roosta

Have to disagree with you here. I've had a Minder in at home for over 14 years now and it's still going strong! Minder has caused me less heartache than any other technology product I have ever installed. I'll I've done is replace the 6.5Ahr battery 3 times which is typical for any alarm panel (about every 3-4 years).

Conformist, Sep 12, 2013
  5. allstug

Roosta

I can respect and understand your points, and am very glad your experience has been a positive one.. But unfortunately I have not yet been to a site involving a minder where it was still working or in service.. Let alone knowing how to update, re-configure or otherwise..

I figure if Clipsal was willing to remove it from their range and offer no support (in most cases) regarding software or configuration, then why not opt for something that they do support, can be easily configured, and that I understand.. ;-D

Cheers..

Roosta, Sep 12, 2013
  6. allstug

rhamer

Me too.

I even have a series 1 as well as a series 2 that are both just fantastic.

The sad thing about Jeeves/Minder/Thinkboxx is it was killed off prematurely in the court room, and had nothing to do with the technology.

Rohan

rhamer, Sep 12, 2013
  7. allstug

Conformist

Rohan

You are completely correct! In almost every case, the issue has been with the installer and not the product (same with any product). If installed and programmed properly, the product is bullet proof. I have been in this industry for over 20 years and have not seen anything that performs as flawlessly.

It's a terrible shame the clowns who couldn't shake hands and agree to disagree on minor petty points, were allowed to destroy this product.

IMHO, those who dis this product really don't know their sh!t

Conformist, Sep 12, 2013
  8. allstug

rhamer

Personally I was looking forward to the Beaver :D

It was sounding like a great replacement until the developer got stolen away :rolleyes:

Rohan

rhamer, Sep 12, 2013
  9. allstug

Aminpro

Yes :) I've been reading the Cbus installation manual today and understood that the entire network will need a burden and clock to operate under 70 C-Bus units.

Aminpro, Sep 12, 2013
  10. allstug

Conformist

haha

Conformist, Sep 13, 2013
  11. allstug

Drew

If SHAC/NAC are Clipsal's best efforts, it is sad CSI boys didn't look at the defunct and 20 year old Minder/Thinkboxx products on how to design a reliable and easy to program automation controller.

Drew, Jun 1, 2021
    Conformist likes this.
  12. allstug

Ashley

The SHAC/NAC are Schneiders best efforts. Clipsal no longer exists. :(

Ashley, Jun 1, 2021
Ask a Question