Minder Replacement or Revive?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Aminpro, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Aminpro

rhamer

Do you have the manual?

There are lots of examples on doing all sorts of things in it.

I have a PDF of a later version if you want it.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Dec 10, 2013
  2. Aminpro

Conformist

Wow, you're gonna test my memory now...

Best way to handle checking all sensors is to use classes. Move sensors in and our of classes depending on their state. You can then report to the keypad a class that will show all unsealed zones (or sealed if you prefer).

Conformist, Dec 10, 2013
  3. Aminpro

Aminpro

Having the newer documentations would be nice :)
    The one you included have all the information I need but the 'Example Scenario' was redirected to a webpage and it is no longer there.
    The newer one have more info perhaps?

I've made a subroutine named 'Pre Arm' which counts all the closed sensor and will only proceed if all sensors are closed. I'm planning to make this as 'Away' Mode.
    I'll improvise another sub routine which alerts but ignores opened sensors if you are inside the house but still will activate the alarm if the sensor was closed then opened at a later time when armed. I've even made the light of that particular room light up so that we can easily identify which room/area was breached instead of having to check the LCD :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
    Aminpro, Dec 11, 2013
  4. Aminpro

rhamer

I know you may only be using the term 'sub routine' but the scenarios are not sub routines as known in standard programming.

There is really only one block of statements that are continuously evaluated. The illusion of program flow is achieved by adding and removing statements from the main block, using the include and remove scenario statements.

The other thing to watch is, there is a catch with using classes. Originally they didn't exist, but we're added in later versions. I think from memory they don't persist after a power failure, and you need to test for a AC power restore, then rebuild the classes in code. There is also a limit to the number of groups that can be in a class. I might not be quite right in my recollection, but it's something like that.

I'll send the PDF tomorrow, but be aware, when you see all the extra functionality that was not included in the Clipsal Minder version, you'll want that instead. The catch is, you need an unlock key, and as far as I know, there is no way of getting one anymore.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Dec 11, 2013
  5. Aminpro

Aminpro

I see.
    Yes, I've read that the newer software requires a hardware dongle to unlock it. Guess I won't be getting that unless somebody build a dongle emulator or something like that. Does Clipsal really require people to pay to upgrade their software?

One more thing, so far I can only detect three set of sensors because of the other sensors are either detached/missing or the door is no longer there anymore. I've tried to see which sensor reacts by using a fridge magnet, that did not work. I wonder what are the magnetic part of the sensor called? Maybe I could find some and replace those missing parts.

Aminpro, Dec 11, 2013
  6. Aminpro

rhamer

It's not a hardware dongle, it is a software key, that is tied to the main processor board.

Clipsal never had this version. Minder is a rebadged version of another product, originally called Jeeves, then later Thinkboxx.

Magnetic switches are called reed switches, and the magnets are nothing special.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Dec 11, 2013
  7. Aminpro

Aminpro

I've just detached one of those magnets from a working set of windows then screw it into one of those with missing magnets. Unfortunately, it was not detected on the Minder.
    I'm puzzled that those still with the magnet works but those without the magnet won't work even if I replace it :/
    Replacing the sensing part won't be easy as the contractor buried the wires inside concrete straight into the Minder.

Aminpro, Dec 11, 2013
  8. Aminpro

rhamer

I sent you an email with the link to the documentation.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Dec 12, 2013
  9. Aminpro

Aminpro

Thank you for the trouble :)

I'm downloading it now.

Aminpro, Dec 12, 2013
  10. Aminpro

buddy08

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I have the same issue with my minder, can someone please email me homeminder software v4.0.4, it is very hard to find and I still can't find one.:confused:
    [email protected]

buddy08, May 22, 2014
  11. Aminpro

rhamer

It's a bit big to email, so I will send you a link to where you can download it.

Let me know when you have it, and I'll remove it.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, May 22, 2014
  12. Aminpro

buddy08

Hi Rohan, I have finished download the file.
    Thank you so much. Appreciate it.:)

Cheers

buddy08, May 22, 2014
  13. Aminpro

Aminpro

Nice to see that there are still Minders alive out there :)

Thought I'd share my progress here. Honestly, I have not gone into the phase of completely reprogramming the Minder yet because I can't get the magnetic sensors to work. I think I will have to check its wiring later on.

However, I've developed a web client to control the lightings. Hopefully it could be integrated later on with the Minder after I solved the sensor issues.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The way I did this was to use a Raspberry Pi as the light controller. This is because a Raspberry Pi is equipped with internet capability in a single package. Since it runs on Linux, integrating with any programming language is not a problem.

What it does is receive commands from the clients, then process it and it relays the command into the form of serial and tells CBUS via its serial PC interface.

The way it works inside the Pi itself was like so:
    Client writes to ---> NoSQL ---> Program Reads ---> Sends to serial port

If anyone want any help or more detail on how I did this, I'd be happy to help. :)

Aminpro, May 22, 2014
  14. Aminpro

harro

Replacing Minder

Hi there. Like a lot of C-Bus installers I'm finding ailing Minder systems that require attention or replacing. However I'm finding the lack of documentation/software to be a real hindrance. It would be nice if Clipsal had a transitioning plan to move customers off of Minder onto Clipsal or Ness panels and include a PAC or touch screen for schedules/scenes etc.
    I know this has been requested many times but if someone can post or send me a link where I can download Minder ver 4.0.4 or earlier ones and docs it would be truly appreciated.

Harro

harro, Aug 23, 2014
  15. Aminpro

Aminpro

I've sent you an email. :)

Aminpro, Aug 25, 2014
  16. Aminpro

ero

Hi

I too am in the same boat. Have Minder v2.2.1 and hoping to get a latest non-locked version if possible please?

Much appreciate any help.

Thanks.

ero, Mar 5, 2015
  17. Aminpro

rhamer

I have V4.0.4

PM me with your email address and I'll send you a link you can download it from.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Mar 6, 2015
  18. Aminpro

vladguan

Digging up an old thread again.

Our house was built in 2005 in Mawson Lakes with the Home Minder and the company that installed it and initially re-programmed it several times, now no longer willing to touch it. They also claim that they no longer have the master password.

My questions are:
    1. Could someone please email me a link to the latest software (I have a circa 2008 Dell Inspiron with serial port that I can use).
    2. If I upgrade the firmware, will I still need the old password?
    3. It seems that I am not able to send PMs yet. Perhaps there is a minimum post limit.

Cheers,
    Vlad

vladguan, Apr 24, 2017
  19. Aminpro

Ashley

20. Aminpro

vladguan

vladguan, Apr 24, 2017
Ask a Question