Minder - GSM call out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by janine, Apr 5, 2006.

1. janine

janine

is there anyway i can use minder to call out to a cellphone if someone rings the door station. I need to be able to give a user the option to open a gate etc. with his cellphone. so what i need is the minder to call the client and give him the control menu, if someone rings his doorbell....
    almost as if he calls in himself..
    is this possible?
    cause i see an option for UCM dial up command in the responses > outputs

Thanks
    Janine

janine, Apr 5, 2006
  2. janine

znelbok

I dont know if it is possible, cetrainly I know a minder/C-bus owner who has written software to do it via a PC, so I would assume that you cant.

If you want to do something like that check out CQC (www.charmedquarrk.com). This has a SMS driver (written by the formentioned person - who is active on this forum - and who also write the c-bus driver for it - and a good guy as well :) ) for it that does what you want. I use it at the moment for a similar purpose.

Mick

znelbok, Apr 5, 2006
  3. janine

rhamer

You can make Minder initiate a phone call and send a voice message from a trigger, then you have access to the standard menu.

It is normally used as part of the alarm functionality to tell the owner the alarm has gone off.

If you upgrade the Minder firmware you can also send outbound SMS (no inbound).

rhamer, Apr 5, 2006
  4. janine

rhamer

I think I have just realised you are talking about a Minder Pro and I'm talking about a Home Minder.

If this is the case then ignore everything I've said, I have never used a Minder Pro.

Sorry

rhamer, Apr 6, 2006
  5. janine

janine

aaah :(

damn.... i was talking about minder pro :) i know it can be done, the poduct support guys said the same sorta thing. i'm just desperate to get some code examples, cause this is pretty urgent :)

any ideas anyway? :)

janine, Apr 6, 2006
  6. janine

rhamer

Isn't Minder Pro really a Comfort system? perhaps they have a support forum that could help.

rhamer, Apr 7, 2006
  7. janine

janine

Minder pro is the clipsal OEM of the Cytech Comfort system, i've approached the Comfort technical guys but they haven't gotten back to me. The GSM module is the cytech product, but i have a minder pro system that it'll go into...

janine, Apr 7, 2006
  8. janine

Hugert

Do you have a phone line ?

Hi Janine

Do you have a standard phone line connected to the minderpro ?
    Or is the gsm module the only way you have of getting an outside line ?

If you have a standard telephone line connected to the minderpro it is quite simple to get the system to make a call out to a cellphone . You simply program the user`s cellphone number into the telephone number list .

Then when the system is armed it will call the user when someone rings the doorstation , and if he wants to open the front gate he simply just presses number 4 on his cellphone after he spoke to the person over the doorstaion .

Hope that helps .

Regards:)

Hugert, Apr 28, 2006
  9. janine

Hugert

Please note the version of minder pro

:) The UCM/GSM requires Comfort PRO or Ultra models. Comfort Entry is not able to support the GSM Module :)

Hugert, May 10, 2006
  10. janine

janine

i need it to a constant thing

hi :)

i need the minder to call out no matter what alarm state it is in. i have included the number into the numbers list, and changed the alarm type to be active in away mode/day mode/idle etc etc. but still no call...

janine, May 15, 2006
  11. janine

Nico

Dear Janine.
    I believe that if you look under Security Type Settings>Alarm Type, then you will find the type: Doorbell, link this to the number. Apparently this is what you've got to do...
    I haven't had a chance to try though...:cool:

Nico, Jun 23, 2006
Ask a Question