Minder Forum

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Figjam, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Re the removal of all thing Minder....Doesn't Minder Have C-Bus on it? Surely it is relevant if the items relate to C-Bus. Is this topic too Hot?

Figjam, Aug 6, 2004
  2. Figjam

Advantex

I get a similar impression and I have a lot of issues with that product, some good, most bad. So do my clients. It must be brought into the open, good or bad so that issues can be resolved.

Advantex, Aug 9, 2004
  3. Figjam

Colin Smith

Re Minder Forum

My understanding is that Clipsal is currently not legally allowed to talk about minder.
    I believe Minder was a third party product that now has new owners!
    I believe that support will continue once the niceties are in place, or something to that effect
    Colin Smith.

Colin Smith, Aug 10, 2004
  4. Figjam

znelbok

So how does that stop a forum from talking about it. Surely clipsal just has to refrain from any comments in minder based threads.

Otherwise, take the minder based stuff elsewhere. Ross has an automation forum setup and I am sure he would not object to it being moved there

Mick

znelbok, Aug 10, 2004
  5. Figjam

Figjam

I'm shocked this thread is still active and hasn't been shut down/locked call it what you will. The reality still is, C-Bus can't do what Minder can for the same money. It has all of the 'add-ons' like the telephone interface, analogue inputs, scheduler etc only to get back to where Minder was five years ago. The problem with the add-ons is they (the logic and time-based ones) still require a PC and therefore an operating system to drive them. You are at the mercy of Windows. I wouldn't want Windows in charge of operating my house. This reminds me of a story I heard where Bill Gates was bragging about how much his wonderful company had done to advance society. He said that if the motor car had advanced at the same rate as his developents, there would be a vehicle that would go from 0 to 100 in half a second, with virtually no effort by the driver, wouldn't impact on the environment and would do 10,000km on a litre of fuel. The CEO of General Motors responded by saying... That's fine, but who wants a car that crashes three times a day. ;) ;) ;)

Figjam, Aug 10, 2004
  6. Figjam

Ross

Howdi,
    I think the guys have something in the back room that runs around the term "logic engine", but we shall have to wait and see. And speaking of Bill and totally off topic :D

XP-SP2
    This installation package is intended for IT professionals and
    developers downloading and installing on multiple computers on a
    network. If you're updating just one computer, please visit
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a

enjoy..

Ross, Aug 10, 2004
  7. Figjam

Charlie Crackle

Bring Back the Minder Forum

Any time indications when the new Minder Forum will be setup ?? (as per the Admin Message ??

Just when I got an answer to my question about logging Analogue inputs the forum was removed......

Minder has a CBUS interface so it should be on a CBUS forum.

Maybe the CBUS phone interface should be removed from this forum also because it connects to a telephone line... :)

Why Can't Clipsal just be honest with the reason why the Minder forum was removed. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Charlie Crackle, Aug 10, 2004
  8. Figjam

Advantex

It would seem there are other parties/companies involved with this product judging from comments both on this forum and elswhere. However, I agree that the device talks nicely to C-Bus hardware and is indeed a controller of C-Bus devices.

There may be legal/ownership/rights/red-tape issues and if this is the case, the reluctance to discuss the product on this forum can be understood.

However, that said, there are (as I believe) a large number of installations in AUS and in NZ that use this product. May I ask Clipsal powers that be, if there are other parties involved, could they please be invited to share this forum so that they are aware of any issues or questions we may have regarding the Home-Minder product?

Advantex, Aug 11, 2004
  9. Figjam

rhamer

C'mon Advantex who are you trying to kid?

Minder was sold as a C-Bus unit Full Stop. It was not a third party C-Bus enabled device, it was a genuine Clipsal C-Bus product (the fact that the technology came from somewhere else is academic).

The reluctance to discuss the product in this forum is not understood, that can be realised by the number of posts enquiring about the product.

Now, I am sure that there is a reason for all this secrecy and if there is legal or other reasons for Clipsal not being able to discuss the product then just say so.

Minder is a good product and with a little shared knowledge would be a great product. All the users of it and this forum want to know is how to get the best from it.

Regards

Rohan

rhamer, Aug 11, 2004
  10. Figjam

KayDee

Couldn't agree more Rohan, great product and easy to deal with once set up.
    I know this may be a little risky asking but has anyone with M....r ever connected it to a say 15" touch screen and centralised the location in a house for master control of light, sprinklers,garage doors,gates etc etc..
    I don't have immediate access to this but think it would be a way to go for not many bucks.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated, good or bad?
    Regards
    Kim

KayDee, Aug 12, 2004
  11. Figjam

KayDee

Not Gunna say anymore about that M programme ever again.
    Weather's nice up here, fancy a discussion about politics or religion !!!!!!!!!!!

KayDee, Aug 14, 2004
  12. Figjam

Figjam

Minder Newsgroup

As there seems to be no group forthcoming for Minder, I ve started an open group for everyone to join so you can ask those difficult questions that keep dissapearing.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/minder/

Cheers

Figjam, Aug 20, 2004
Ask a Question