Migrating PACA to SHAC, scene differences

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by ssaunders, Jan 11, 2022.

1. ssaunders

ssaunders

Per the subject, I'm migrating schedules, scenes and logic from a PACA to a SHAC. All is going well apart from the scenes.

There are two networks bridged, and some existing PACA scenes involve both networks. Both networks are imported from Toolkit to SHAC, so all the GAs are defined on the SHAC.

The issue: On the SHAC, setting GAs in any scene on the "remote" network seems to be ignored. When looking at a CGate log I do not see any remote network commands when the scenes are triggered. Local GAs work fine. These mixed network scenes run perfectly on the PACA.

The two networks share an identical set of groups, and the bridge is set to pass commands between networks. If I configure the scenes to send all commands to the local network GA equivalents then the remote GAs get switched fine because bridge. I guess I am lucky that the addresses are identical on the two networks.

My question: Why are the explicit remote network commands being ignored in scenes? Am I doing something stupid?

Cheers.

ssaunders, Jan 11, 2022
  2. ssaunders

ssaunders

Some further information that might be important.

For some reason the SHAC 'Utilities' | 'C-Bus Settings' has a remote network set instead of the local network. I don't know why, and this value is un-changeable.

It's not just scenes that are busted. Setting a visualisation button up to change a group level on the remote network also does not work. The only way to get it to work is to use the local network equivalent, and rely on the bridge forwarding the message to the remote.

Make sense to anyone?

ssaunders, Jan 15, 2022
  3. ssaunders

Ashley

The local network is the network the SHAC is connected to. If it thinks it is connected to the remote network it will not route traffic properly. Was it connected to the other network initially? Is it connected to the same network as the PAC?

Ashley, Jan 15, 2022
  4. ssaunders

ssaunders

SHAC is on the local network, as is the PAC, @Ashley. The SHAC has never been anywhere near the remote network, having been set up on the local since forever, so that is most weird.

Is there a way to force it to think it is installed on the local, where it actually is? I tried to ssh into it to have a poke around, but failed miserably at that. (Any tips in ssh-ing?)

ssaunders, Jan 15, 2022
Ask a Question