Miele dishwasher

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Veryrainyday, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Veryrainyday

Veryrainyday

Are there any Cbus integrations for a Miele dishwasher? Obviously I will need to stack the dishwasher :) but it would be useful if I could turn it on at a certain time eg when everyone has gone to bed, off peak power rates etc

Veryrainyday, Jan 8, 2016
  2. Veryrainyday

Leigh

My Miele dishwasher has a "Delay Start" button on the control panel. Doesn't yours have one?

Leigh, Jan 8, 2016
  3. Veryrainyday

Veryrainyday

Good solution

Ah perfect, current dishwasher doesn't have one but that sounds like a nice easy solution, thanks for the suggestion

Veryrainyday, Jan 8, 2016
  4. Veryrainyday

tsman

The only way to do it would be to open up the front panel of the dishwasher and wire in some C-Bus voltage free relay contacts across the important buttons. It would be quite a lot of work to do all of this and get it all programmed just right since C-Bus won't know the current state of the dishwasher without more hardware.

You'd also void your warranty on the dishwasher by doing this and any repair engineer may be wary about working on your machine because of the additions.

tsman, Jan 9, 2016
  5. Veryrainyday

ashleigh Moderator

Arrgghhh!!! Electrical Safety!!!

Even using voltage free contacts, don't do this. Bzztt! Splat!! Explain to the coroner how it was that your wife / child / mother in law got electrocuted!

ashleigh, Jan 12, 2016
  6. Veryrainyday

znelbok

This is a big bugbear of mine.

I have fridge that has an LCD display showing the inside temps, ability to change the temp etc and an audible buzzer if a door is open - Would be great to get that back to the system for alerts.

The dishwasher and washing machine are also all controlled by microprocessors and there is no reason why manufacturers should not start introducing external control access - especially with IOT being a big buzzword now. But watch what happens - it will all be "download our app, create an account and use our paid service" for control with not INTEGRATION possible as it will be a closed API. Not the way to do automation (Actually home automation is used in-correctly in this arena - its not automation its just remote control.)

znelbok, Jan 13, 2016
  7. Veryrainyday

crispyoz

I think Mick is right, CBUS is used as a glorified remote control. It's clearly designed by electrical engineers rather than software engineers. If it were designed by software engineers you'd see a lot more marketing to hardware vendors trying to get them to integrate with the system. I think in the end IoT will probably kill off CBUS as appliance vendors etc continue to enhance integration via a standard LAN interface.

crispyoz, Jan 20, 2016
  8. Veryrainyday

ashleigh Moderator

Actually, I don't think thats what Mick was saying at all.

However, the lack of marketing in general is a concern.

ashleigh, Jan 20, 2016
  9. Veryrainyday

znelbok

No, C-Bus is far from a glorified remote

znelbok, Jan 20, 2016
Ask a Question