Message passing through 2 serial interfaces

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by andrew12, Jun 1, 2019.

1. andrew12

andrew12

I Have 2 5500PC PCI Serial interfaces on my network.

If I generate an event on the bus such as turning a light on at the switch I see the event on both PCI's.

If I generate an event from say C-Gate to PCI 1, I never see that event on the 2nd PCI.

Is this by design? Is there a way to have the an event pass from one PCI to another.

Hope my question makes sense.

andrew12, Jun 1, 2019
  2. andrew12

Ashley

It sounds like CGate is connected through a very old PCI. A PCI acts like half a bridge. Messages without explicit routing information can only cross a single bridge. This is to stop networks that are fully connected from infinitely passing messages around. PCI's from version 3.12 had an option called Local SAL mode which makes messages from a PCI look like they originated on the local network so they can then pass another bridge or PCI. Local SAL mode has to be enabled in the PCI, but CGate always enables this by default.

Check the version of the PCI's. I one is version 3.12 or later, use that one with Cgate. I can't remember what year V3.12 was released . If the PCI has a green lid, it is definitely pre 3.12.

Ashley, Jun 1, 2019
    NickD and DarylMc like this.
  3. andrew12

andrew12

Thanks for the reply.

Both pci's have v4+ firmware. I've checked with the diagnostics ulility and local sal is enabled on both.

ANY other ideas?

andrew12, Jun 6, 2019
  4. andrew12

Ashley

I just tried it on my system and it works just fine. Are you viewing the response via another Cgate or just looking at the PCI serial data?

Ashley, Jun 6, 2019
Ask a Question