Merry Christmas from Schneider?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by bmerrick, Dec 29, 2013.

1. bmerrick

bmerrick

Methinks there may be a present lurking on the App Store...................

:D

bmerrick, Dec 29, 2013
  2. bmerrick

Roosta

Nice... Cant be long now...

And it works with '1'.... Looks great!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
    Roosta, Dec 29, 2013
  3. bmerrick

bmerrick

Hi Roosta,

Like I said, a Christmas present.

AND IT WORKS WITH WISER ONE!!* being the major current value. A potential WiserHD fix for IOS 7 issues, has the great new modern interface and works really well on an iPhone.

My client (Thanks Barry, you're a legend) brought it to my attention as he has been keenly awaiting a fix for the rotation issue with Wiser HD and this fixed him up. So he fixed himself it seems.

I haven't fully tested it on Wiser 1*, but all the major things seem to be operating.

I also like the App Store pictures, particularly notice the Zigbee endpoint.

So some great presents under the tree there and more to look forward to with the Wiser 2.

Have a good one, and the night after :p

Brad

Sorry but need to add:

* Disclaimer. 'It Works with Wiser One' is just my observation on my limited setup with a small amount (non-exhaustive) of testing of the various standard widgets. The program in its documentation on App Store appears to be directed solely toward clients using it to talk to the new Wiser 2, not the Wiser 1, so your choice to use it to talk to Wiser 1 is your own and I note it may have unexpected consequences. It is up to Clipsal/Schneider to confirm its ability and functionality (and any lack of function etc) in talking to Wiser 1 and you should only accept direction from that authoritative source. Any continued use of the software in talking to a Wiser 1 for more than just the 'Gee Whiz' value is at your own responsibility and may breach usage guidelines and software licences. I do not suggest its continued use until the software is confirmed as suitable by Clipsal/Schneider.

bmerrick, Dec 29, 2013
  4. bmerrick

bmerrick

Had to post a few images from my iPhone. This is a major GUI upgrade to the old Wiser interface for the iPhone.

enjoy.......

Brad

Attached Files:

bmerrick, Dec 29, 2013
  5. bmerrick

bmerrick

and a few more.............

Happy New Year everyone.

Brad

Attached Files:

bmerrick, Dec 29, 2013
  6. bmerrick

bmerrick

and the main slide over menu..........

Attached Files:

bmerrick, Dec 29, 2013
  7. bmerrick

Ambro

I realise that wiser1 is not really supported but is there any trick to get this interface working via WAN?; I've tried my IP address with port 8080 (which works fine with the other two apps) and the response is a time out fail. It's the apple app and I can only test with WAN at the moment. The username and password is the same as my web page login. Not a big deal to have it running but everyone likes a new toy to play with over the break?

Ambro, Jan 5, 2014
  8. bmerrick

Roosta

Unfortunately a few of us have also tried WAN access with the new app to no avail..

Pressumably their must be some sort of firmware change coming to allow this..

Cheers,
    Nik

Roosta, Jan 6, 2014
  9. bmerrick

Robbo_VIC

I've tried a few sites and while it seems to get somewhere (further than if i have incorrect password or address), it eventually times out

Robbo_VIC, Jan 6, 2014
  10. bmerrick

Ambro

Thanks guys; I thought it was something to do with the reason behind having to enter the username and password, something the wiser1 doesn't have I gather - different user profiles - compared to the wiser2

Ambro, Jan 6, 2014
  11. bmerrick

Robbo_VIC

Is there any official words/release from Schneider about this app?

Robbo_VIC, Jan 13, 2014
  12. bmerrick

wilddog

Hi Everyone,

To keep you all informed, the Wiser2 app was released globally in error. It was intended to be an internal beta release, and got messed up along the line somewhere.

We have withdrawn it for now, and whilst some features will work with Wiser1 units, remote connectivity and other features will not. This is principally because we are working to develop better ways for remote connectivity.

As those of you who were quick off the mark have seen, we are nearly there and hope to release very soon.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, we do appreciate your patience and are working very hard to get this product released as soon as possible

wilddog, Jan 20, 2014
  13. bmerrick

poldim

I wish you guys would open source this thing. I'm sure the product would flourish under this environment. Time to market will dramatically increase as well as developing a stronger base with your installers/owners.

poldim, Feb 5, 2014
  14. bmerrick

ashleigh Moderator

Other s/w has been open sourced, based on the same comments.

The effect of open sourcing was that those who wanted to use it did so, and the contributions back were...

wait for it...

NONE.

The Wiser is far from a trivial beast, BTW.

ashleigh, Feb 7, 2014
Ask a Question