Media Player plugin should rename to Music Player

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by muppets, Feb 4, 2008.

1. muppets

muppets

Has anyone asked for video support on the plugin? ie next menu back from the music folder I can't get there with the plugin currently available.

I am feeding the c-touch through a starserve modulator so I can use a remote to control the plugin on the c-touch from most rooms through cbus ir and view it on the monitors in the bedrooms etc.

I play a number of video's from our pc and unless I get some media hardware and control it through starserve ir - which would be a pain in the ass as I have no emitter port near the pc.

Alternatively is the any plan for a mid span (starserve) emitter - that will operate from the coax I have running to this room. The coax comes from the modulator should I ever want to have a set top adaptor on the pc.

Going beyond my limited programming I suppose another option would be to view the pc and use c-bus ir commands to invoke operations or macro's over the network on the serving pc - is this even possible?

Thanks in advance.

muppets, Feb 4, 2008
  2. muppets

Matty

Hi Muppets,

I'm not sure what you're asking for in your post.

The media player plugin is there to allow control of windows media player from a remote location (ie a touch screen). This doesn't stream any media to the touch screen itself. The touch screen doesn't have the hardware onboard or grunt to actually do this.

As for using an IR remote or C-Bus commands to control the media player plugin, this is not currently supported but is on the list for a future version.

Regards,

Matty

Matty, Feb 4, 2008
  3. muppets

muppets

Thanx for the reply sorry I haven't been back sooner.

I am hoping I can use the media plugin for accessing the video on our computer as well as music - I understand the video can not be streamed to the touch, I have the touch screen near our a/v system and run the screen through a modulator for other rooms, I also currently stream the pc through a video modulator. As you have kindly pointed out though - I can't use cbus commands or the IR to access the plugin.

When the plugin gets updated with the above mentioned would it be possible to allow the system to access the next media file folder back so that we could utilise video source too. This would be terrific. I could use all those PIR's around the bedrooms for media access through the c-touch and I won't have to run into the pc to pause rewind and ff. lol

The only other alternative I have is to wait for a mid run starserve ir emitter to the pc and use a media card with ir in the pc - unfortunately the modulated resolution on the tv makes it hard to read the titles, which is not a problem for the plug in as it is easy to read.

muppets, Mar 25, 2008
Ask a Question