Measuring Pulses / Calculation of FlowRate

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by pspeirs, May 13, 2019.

1. pspeirs

pspeirs

Hi All,

I need to measure flow rates and volume and send to the SHAC for logging and display, however not sure at this stage which approach to take.

1. Send the raw pulse count to the SHAC every 10 seconds as a measurement message. The advantage is that I can do the calculations at the SHAC and not need to add the selective functionality on my input unit as pulses could be used for other things such as measuring gas flow directly. The downside is that I wouldn't get 1 second resolution which is probably fine. I see that I can trigger a script when a message comes in (or more accurately, when the measurement value group changes.

2. Add an additional option on the input unit to treat this pulse input as a flow meter and store the conversion factor on the input unit itself. Perform a calculation every second and transmit flow and flow rate as two separate measurement messages with actual lt/min and lt values. The upside is that the calcs are done in real time, but I would need to add some code to select if the input is a flow meter or not.

Cheers,
    Paul

pspeirs, May 13, 2019
Ask a Question