Measurement App Question

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by bmerrick, Jul 5, 2009.

1. bmerrick

bmerrick

Hi All,

I have a pool temp thermistor attached to a General Input Unit on port 0 (channel 1). It is mapped and reads OK from Toolkit. It is on Unit 212 on network 254 (but shows up as Unit 160(hex) port 0 on measurement app)

I am using Piced 4.6.1 to program a B&W (old Model) CTouch and want to display the pool temperature. On the page I am already displaying two other sector temps from the standard CBUS temp sensors, but these obviously don't work underwater, not that I bothered trying :)

I set up a monitor element on the screen with under the SYSTEM I/O tab set key function as STATUS, System I/O variable to Measurement APP Real Value, Value as 0 and Meaasurement Application Channel as Unit 160, Channel 0. Under 'Measurement Application Manager' which I get to via Add/Edit I can see a monitor I set up on Unit 160 port 0 , it is set to monitor and it displays the right temperature from the General Input Unit.

On the Visual Properties Tab, I have used the Add Edit button to Access the Monitor Manager and have set up to monitor the Unit 160 as picked up from Measurement Manager.

But, the monitor element just displays a '?' and doesn't pass through the temp in the measurement app. Once again, in measurement manager it still displays the right temp but not on the element itself. CBUS connection is enabled of course.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Brad

bmerrick, Jul 5, 2009
  2. bmerrick

Darren Senior Member

212 = D4 Hex
    160 Hex = 352 which is an invalid value.

Clearly there is something wrong here for a start.

Unless you have a very good reason to use hexadecimal, stick to decimal values.

In the measurement manager, make sure that the channel of interest has "yes" in the "monitor" column. Only measurement channels which are being monitored can have their values used.

Darren, Jul 6, 2009
Ask a Question