Max number of keypads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by robg1400, May 2, 2013.

1. robg1400

robg1400

How many keypads can you have on one powered dimmer? I have two dimmers and ten keypads, and I seem to have keypad problems. When I add the last keypad all of the keypads start flashing.

Any advice?

robg1400, May 2, 2013
  2. robg1400

Mr Mark

Power struggles

Hello robg1400,
    Sounds like you need an additional power supply (5500PS).
    Powered output units supply 200mA to the network, while the keypads will be drawing from it (different amounts for different input units). A simple check can be done using 'Toolkit' software and highlighting 'Network' in the left hand panel.

Attached Files:

• TK.jpg
      TK.jpg
      File size:
      88 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2013
    Mr Mark, May 3, 2013
  3. robg1400

Ashley

To get Toolkit to display correct power information you have to be careful entering the catalog numbers. Toolkit can't tell the difference between powered and unpowered devices. The unpowered ones have a P suffix (that's not a typo!) If you're having problems with your setup it sounds like only one of the dimmers has a power supply giving you a total 200mA supply. Neo/Saturn keypads draw 22mA so you are over the limit with 10. If you have a serial interface that draws 32ma, but a CNI draws nothing. Power supply requirements are all specified in the installation manuals on the clipsal website

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2013
    Ashley, May 3, 2013
Ask a Question