Matrix Switcher IR Control

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by Charlie Crackle, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

If you have the Matrix switcher in the home theater room (where all the sources are) it is inside a cupboard.

The matix switcher does not have IR in capability (like the amps) to relay to the equipment.

In a home theater room you would generaly not be using a clipsal AMP it would be some sort of surround sound amp.

It seem silly to waste and amp just to get IR control of the equipment in that room.

Is there any way to connect IR input to a ZONE with out using and clipsal AMP ??

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Dec 30, 2005
  2. Charlie Crackle

Matty

At the moment there isn't a product that covers this. Perhaps some of the 8050 range would fill that requirement?

Regards,
    Matty

Matty, Jan 2, 2006
  3. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Under developement??

I wanted to avoid having multiple IR emmiters on the front of the equipment

I assume there is no way for the 8050 range and the matrix switcher to share ir emmiters

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Jan 3, 2006
  4. Charlie Crackle

znelbok

So you are looking for a combiner, two in and one out (basically anyway). I took me a while to work out what you were getting at.

I assume there is a splitter as well if you want to do more than four devices.

Mick

znelbok, Jan 3, 2006
Ask a Question