Master Off

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Bigdave, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Bigdave

Bigdave

Hi there everyone.....

I was looking for the best way to configure a Master Off control. Searching provided some older answers that did not take into account the recent software releases.

I am after opinions on the best way to do it in the Toolkit....

Is it as simple as one big scene? Anyone doing it better/smarter?

Thanks in Advance

(Big)Dave

Bigdave, Dec 5, 2006
  2. Bigdave

znelbok

Its in the manual.

Turn off the Application

Mick

znelbok, Dec 5, 2006
  3. Bigdave

Bigdave

Still a little confused.....

Thanks.... I appreciate the prompt response, however I am not clear on what you meant.

which manual did you mean? The help file has been of general help but controlling an application from a single button is not specifically or generally explained.

Did you mean the manual for HomeGate? I have not bought it yet although I intend too....

What specific search should I undertake?

Bigdave, Dec 5, 2006
  4. Bigdave

znelbok

znelbok, Dec 5, 2006
  5. Bigdave

Mark

All Off

Hi BigDave,

I would go for a big All Off scene, which should keep your indicators in sync.
    You could do it with an area address but they are generally not recommended. I would only go this way if you have heaps of groups and can't be bothered making a big scene...

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Dec 5, 2006
  6. Bigdave

JohnC

Using an Area Address works fine, the indicators will be OK. The only thing that tends to get out of synch is Homegate (older versions especially). I managed a number of very large projects with many hundreds of Groups - and we just set Area Addresses for each region (area) and then used a scene to step through those(about 12) and switch each off sequentially with a slight delay in between each to stop a massive pulse onto the mains (we're talking massive current here).

A big scene is an absolute PITA to program, but the only other choice. I'd recommend that the scene is "stepped" - turn off the farthest lights first, then work your way in - rather than having them all just go "OFF" at once.... for no other reasons than it looks a heap more cooler and hi-tech.

JohnC, Dec 5, 2006
Ask a Question