Master Off Switch

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by intrinsic, Aug 4, 2004.

1. intrinsic

intrinsic

In our office we have set up a master switch at the exit so that we can turn off all lights at the end of the day. The problem is that we have a security light that has a pe switch and is turned of as well and does not come back on until the day after. Have I made an incorrect setting or is there a limitation with this set up or an update that will fix this.

Cheers

intrinsic, Aug 4, 2004
  2. intrinsic

Wilko

I assume the Master Off key input triggers an area address, allowing you to switch off all relays & dimmers with one command.

I'm also assuming that the PE Cell you mention is an actual C-Bus unit, not part of the light fitting or another device hard wired to the light (if it IS a non- C-Bus PE Cell, the answer is simple; once you hit the Master Off button, C-Bus removes the feed to the device, and it's powerless to do anything!).

If the PE Cell is a C-Bus unit, is it possible that it has already activated before you hit the Master Off button? With this scenario, once it gets dark, the unit issues it's "ON" command to the relay controlling your security light. Then when you leave, the Master Off button turns everything off. The PE Cell won't issue another "ON" command until the sun has come up and then gone down again, so the light stays off.

However, if it doesn't get dark until after you hit the Master Off button, the PE Cell should switch the light on normally for the night.

I think you should move the security light feed onto another C-Bus relay which isn't controlled by the Master Off area address - perhaps one of those new single channel relays would be suitable. They're designed to fit in a fluoro fitting, but they work fine mounted in a distribution board or any other enclosure!

Hope this helps.

Wilko, Aug 5, 2004
  3. intrinsic

intrinsic

Thanks Peter for your reply. The PE cell is a c-bus unit and the security light is usually on when the last person leaves for the day. While the extra relay will fix the problem, I was hoping for an easier and costless solution to the problem.

Cheers

intrinsic, Aug 9, 2004
Ask a Question