Master Off Button - XKill

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Caesar, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Caesar

Caesar

Hi

I am trying to implement an x-kill button acting like a master off button that turns all lights off with the exception of the outside sensor which is currently connected to a relay channel. I have defined a group address called "My House" in the "Area" field in the GUI for all relays and dimmers and assigned this group address to a key input button in an OFF configuration.

This does not work. Nothing happens when I hit this button.

What am I doing wrong?

Then next step is to try to exclude the sensor from being turn off, but until I resolve the first problem, I can't go any further.

Thanks

Caesar, Oct 26, 2004
  2. Caesar

znelbok

you need to use the rampoff (ramp down?) command, not the off command. Look in the instruction manual there is an example there on how to do it.

As for not turning the sensor off, it wont. The sensor will still work and turn on whatever load you have setup. The sensor is connected to the c-bus and not the relay (unless you are using a standard sensor light of course - but that defeats the purpose)

znelbok, Oct 26, 2004
  3. Caesar

Caesar

Unfortunately, it is a conventional outdoor garage sensor with flood light. This can always be changed to a c-bus sensor plus a flood light, but it requires some rewiring, which I am trying to avoid.

Caesar, Oct 26, 2004
  4. Caesar

Gerald

I think you need a custom setting. Rampoff,Retrig,Idle,Idle for the selected key. The ramp rate is set by the default values found in the global tag. Hopes this helps. All Dims will fade all relays drop out at 0%. Gerald

Gerald, Oct 26, 2004
  5. Caesar

znelbok

Use a single channel c-bus relay in a different "area" to the rest of the relays. This is one downside to the large relays in that there is no segregation possible between channels (they are either all lighting or or control etc)

znelbok, Oct 26, 2004
  6. Caesar

Caesar

Is there a way to switch the sensor back on straight after the X-Kill button is pressed? That should do the trick if this is possible with a 2-gang key input.

Caesar, Oct 27, 2004
  7. Caesar

Wilko

If you have a separate single channel relay running the sensor light, all you need to do is make sure you don't apply the "My House" area address to that relay.

If your sensor light is to remain on its existing relay, perhaps you could use a scene (if you have any scene capable input units) to ramp everything down, then turn on the channel running the sensor light.

Wilko, Oct 27, 2004
Ask a Question