Marpa Help

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by Frank Mc Alinden, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Frank Mc Alinden

Frank Mc Alinden

Hi Guys

I am trying to download my Marpa info into my Matrix switcher but After it was detected (when the usb cable was inserted) i cant get it to connect to a comm port...I can see it in device properties under comm/lpt and also under USB but theres no comm port selection in the comm/lpt section ...???

Any ideas ???
    Thanks
    Frank

Frank Mc Alinden, Aug 19, 2006
  2. Frank Mc Alinden

pastorhinn

hey frank
    have you tried double cliking on the device you want to configure under com/ltp in device manager then going to the port settings tab at the top, click on advanced and there should be a drop down menu to change the com port.
    hope this helps

pastorhinn, Aug 19, 2006
  3. Frank Mc Alinden

Frank Mc Alinden

Hi

Yes i have tried that but theres no port setting available for the MRA for some reason...??

Thanks
    Frank

4. Frank Mc Alinden

markj1

Hi,

I had the same trouble untill installing the usb drivers manually, They are found in "C:\Program Files\Clipsal Integrated Systems\matrix switcher USB driver".

Mark.

markj1, Aug 19, 2006
  5. Frank Mc Alinden

Richo

Hi Frank,

This is odd. What operating system are you using? A screen shot of the device properties would be good.

It might be worth uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them. I don't have Marpa on my home pc, so this is from memory. The names will be wrong but close enough to work it out ..... hopefully.

Instructions for Windows 2000/XP
    ------------------------------------------

Unplug the Matrix Switcher USB.

goto the following directory.

c:\program files\clipsal integrated systems\matrix switcher usb driver\

now you are looking for 2 files with the following names (? = I don't remember the specific name)

un?2k.exe
    un?2k.?

drag and drop the "un?2k.?" file on top of "un?2k.exe". You won't see anything happen, but the driver should have uninstalled themselves from windows.

There should be an exe that looks like a install program. Run that, you won't see anything under Win2000, but you will the "unsigned drivers" warning under XP. Makes sure you answer continue or yes, or whatever, to allow the driver to install.

Richo, Aug 19, 2006
  6. Frank Mc Alinden

Frank Mc Alinden

Thanks Guys

Richo

Im using XPHome can now select a com port after following your suggestions.

But when i now try to transfer the file to my MRA The redirector software is trying to redirect my mss100 which is connected to my pc interface to the com port which i have set the MRA to ...??? So this is bringing up an error ..??

Thanks
    Frank

7. Frank Mc Alinden

Frank Mc Alinden

Ooops My Bad

Thought my pc interface was on com port2 and it was on com4 ....

All working fine now

Many thanks guys
    Frank

Frank Mc Alinden, Aug 20, 2006
  8. Frank Mc Alinden

TomA

Does anyone have instructions for above on windows 10? I am having the same issues listed above. my computer does not make a noise like usual when plugging in. If I go to device manager and double click on the matrix switcher in "ports" this error comes up in the notes "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

TomA, Dec 24, 2017
Ask a Question